Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rockshox Reba – how did I manage without em?
  • muzzle
    Free Member

Morning,

I’ve posted once or twice on issues with my new Rebas, and now I’ve got them all fitted, set up and ridden them a few times I thought I’d give my verdict: Amazing.

I had Dart forks previously, and although perfectly adequate, the difference between those and the Rebas is far more than I imagined it would be; for the first time I can blast down a rocky descent and know that my bike is going to go in the direction I turn the bars every time; it just feels like the front is constantly in touch with the ground – a real revelation after I’d got used to the Darts bouncing the front wheel everywhere.

Really glad I made the upgrade after some excellent advice on here, and if anyone’s thinking of doing the same then I would say don’t hesitate, it was worth every penny for me.

slimjim78
    Free Member

best forks ive owned.

old zocchis are good too, but for modern bikes, I love my Reba’s

andywill

It’s worth fine tuning them over a few rides. Now I have them setup well, I think they are brilliant.

Aristotle
    Free Member

I recently fitted a set of Dual air Rebas to my hardtail.

Having experimented a bit, I’ve settled on equal pressure in both chambers.

They are far, far better than I’d expected.

They’ve been used on some rocky terrain around Rivington/Winter Hill and Cragg Quarry/Rooley Moor and coped well.

They’re more sensitive and about half the weight of the coil Pikes on my other bike and much better than the old Marzocchi air, and coil, forks I’ve owned in the past.

fathomer

I went from coil Toras to Rebas last year and can only agree, the difference is night and day. I’m on the look out for another cheap second hand set for the wife’s Rockhopper.

Scamper
    Free Member

For most of my riding they are way way better than my talas 32’s. With the winter over really only now messing around with the dual air, currently running less negative pressure which appears to make the bike sit up more, take the big hits better, at the expense of a bit of feel on small hits and corners. First service this weekend and hope to find a spacer I can take out to increase them to 120mm.

slimjim78
    Free Member

fathomer, im going to sell a brand new pair of 100mm / 9mm QR 2010 model that I recently purchased as a spare if youre interested?

jruk
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of 2012 120mm Rebas – anyone know of any good service vids / guides?

xiphon
    Free Member

Dart/Tora forks are utter shite, for anything other than riding to the shops – or the occasional canal path. The Reba’s will be significantly better!

Rather spend £200 on second hand [decent] forks, than Dart/Tora budget forks.

z1ppy

Dart/Tora forks are utter shite

Don’t talk such utter rubbish, Tora’s can be a great budget fork.
    I have Blackbox Rev’s, and 2 sets of U-turn Reba’s, no the Tora’s (motion control version) aren’t as light are quite as good as them, but still very capable forks.

EDIT: Though I’d throughly agree Darts are just POS.

kelvin

I’m tempted…

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, found Tora’s a nice compliant fork if kept within what they were comfortable with.

New Reba’s are usually being flogged on On One for £250.

fathomer

slimjim78 – Member
    fathomer, im going to sell a brand new pair of 100mm / 9mm QR 2010 model that I recently purchased as a spare if youre interested?

Yes, though feel they maybe more than i can afford being brand new!

xiphon
    Free Member

“great budget fork” is a bit of an oxymoron..

IME they are truly terrible…

z1ppy

Terrible in what way? (and which version?)
    The MC version, perform in exactly the same manner as the Reba/recon/rev/etc, except there heavier.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox Reba – how did I manage without em?’ is closed to new replies.