Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dartmoor Today
  • bagpuss
    Free Member

Out early on the moor this morning, mates first 'proper' off road ride on a borrowed bike. Sort of a baptism of fire for him but he was keen at the start. 20 minutes later and and he was ready to chuck the towel in. But when he noticed that we were falling off as much as he was he picked up a bit and 2 hours later was grinning like a loon back at the van.

More pics here

Conditions are OK if you don't mind pushing, the snow is too dry for snowballs and makes cornering entertaining. Rocky horror while not clear of ice is easily do-able.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

cool

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Nice – Burrator?

bagpuss
    Free Member

Yep, parked up away from the reservoir and rode in on the railway line.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Blimey!
    ( bows head in acknowledgement….)
    and genuine respect for the newbie, well done him!

( Hamish – what's the roads like out your way?
    Meant to be in QE on monday, after weds/thurs/fri closure, but wondering if kids from outside can make it especially if prediction for tomorrow is true….)

cheers
    Q

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Q
    Roads are very tricky out our way mostly still completely white once away from the old A30 – I've had to park at a neighbours house as only one route out from home is passable, and that only just. We're waiting for logs from Howard at the mo' but understandably he hasn't been able to make it.

My eldest daughter is at QE and I cannot see her bus running on Monday even if school's open. That'll be a week missed then…

slugwash
    Free Member

Looks cool Bagpuss. I'm hoping for a bit more snow in the near future for my next ride on the moor.

Here's some less wintery pictures from the ride around that route I did with you and qwerty wot I never got around to sending you…

Christowkid
    Free Member

Hamish:
    😳
    Howard rang me tonight, delivered them ~ 8ish and I helped him unload. Spent til 9pm stacking….we sure as hell know how to enjoy ourselves in the country!
    Take heart, he's busting a gut to keep people in logs, and I know he's doing some tomorrow so you might get lucky.
    Thanks for the tip about lanes, yes, wondering what'll happen on monday, mainly dependant on what happens tomorrow.
    hope the logs get there soon…..
    cheers
    Q

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Today’ is closed to new replies.