Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Dark side tyres Q…………
  • Alek
    Free Member

Not fully gen’d up on darkside tyres but need to replace my Schwalbes that came on a Cube Peleton.

Was looking at Conti Ultra Gatorskin or GP4000……….as a good all rounder for training and sportives (Bealach)

£45 to spend 😐

oldgit
    Free Member

£45 a piece or pair?
    Contis are pretty faultless, though I prefer Vittorias.

oldgit
    Free Member

And that’ll be the Diamante Pro folding, slick/file tread and sub 200g.

Alek
    Free Member

Is £45.00 a pair a bit shy on the budget then 🙁

MrSmith
    Free Member

don’t get the ultra gators. low tpi and a harsher ride than the 4seasons or gp4000s. if you get the gp’s get the ‘s’ version as they have the black chilli compound
    spend the extra few quid over the ordinary 4000.
    if you budget really is fixed then a pair of michelin krylion carbons are worth trying.

Alek
    Free Member

Cheers MrSmith………Michelins look good.

GP4000s (online) also comes in at budget 🙂

RoterStern
    Free Member

if you budget really is fixed then a pair of michelin krylion carbons are worth trying.

I used to use the Conti 4000s and the last two seasons I have been using the Michelin Krylions and have only had one puncture in two years with them plus I think they give a better ride (but I am using latex inner tubes).

mboy
    Free Member

I had Vredestein Fortezza Tricomp on my old road bike, as reccomended by people on another forum I went on. VERY good quality, light, fast, grippy, and quite a bit cheaper than Conti’s. Think I paid about £17 each for them.

zaskar
    Free Member

Then keep in a dry cellar for a year or 2 to fully harden up…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Conti 4 seasons, the perfect all year round training tyre.

cynic-al
    Free Member

there are few bad tyres out there, just buy something appropriate to your needs.

Ignore nonsense like hanging in cellars and you’ll be fine.

topangarider
    Free Member

Sorry to dig this old thread up, but

I’m looking to replace the old vitoria zafiro’s that came on my Ribble as they have now perished.

What do people recommend as a pair for under £40? Conti Ultra Sports any good?

What mail order do people use for roady stuff btw?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Got the Conti Attack/Force combo a couple of weeks ago and well impressed compared to the Gatorskins they replaced.

35% discount at Ribble so £44 for the pair

Attack/Force

mrmo
    Free Member

for mail order, http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk and http://www.parker-international.co.uk/, on the odd occasion wiggle and CRC as well.

topangarider
    Free Member

They’re the two I was aware of and been checking out – didn’t know if there was a darkside secret!

LardLover
    Free Member

Sorry to jump on your thread big fella, but has anyone actually put all white tyres on their darkside machine and ride regularly with them?

Just asking as I still can’t decide whether or not to try some (I think they look mad)

topangarider
    Free Member

Sounds like it’d make as much sense as white bar tape!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Dark side tyres Q…………’ is closed to new replies.