Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • dark peak route advice
  • philfive
    Free Member

Can anyone help with which way to do this.

Hayfield, mount famine, roych clough. Do I do chapel gate, edale or do I do rushup edge, hollins cross, greenlands, edale?

Up Jacobs, kinder over to lanterns peak and back to hayfield.

What do you think?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

chapel gate is a waste of a descent

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

do em all in one day, lots of ways of linking it all up, i would start in Hope and aim to end up in marple, you cam make that a 40 miler easy

philfive
    Free Member

The aim is to start and finish in heyfield

carlos
    Free Member

Start in Hayfield, Mount Famine, Rushup Edge, any desent off Mam Tor, Edale, up Jacobs, Kinder Low, Middle Moor, Lantern Pike.

Don’t do Chapel Gate, its just like a fire road with a couple of deep drainage gullies

When you thinking of??

crazy-legs

Start in Hayfield, Mount Famine, Rushup Edge, any desent off Mam Tor, Edale, up Jacobs, Kinder Low, Middle Moor, Lantern Pike.

Don’t do Chapel Gate, its just like a fire road with a couple of deep drainage gullies

+1
    Just be aware that it’s all got very wet again recently. 🙁

philfive
    Free Member

Think that’s what I was thinking Carlos.

Thinking next weekend

carlos
    Free Member

Hope its a bit drier by then.

philfive
    Free Member

Don’t mind rain and mud to be fair.

dadster21
    Free Member

The British Heart Foundation has its Dark Peak challenge this weekend (Saturday) – there are options from 14 to 42 miles. All signposted and marshalled – route designed by RoughRides. You can enter on the day……I think it is £15.

stanley

I love that route, but MUCH prefer it in the other direction.
    That route holds up fairly well in wet weather,
    Might even come out and play!

nbt

I’d agree with Stanley, nice route the other way round

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Carlos +1

Definitely *anti*-clockwise to include Middle Moor near the end.

🙂

YMMV

philfive
    Free Member

i agree about the anticlockwise direction and doing middle moor near the end, i’ve only ridden once in the peaks and that was by far my fav bit.

i can see a route on the map to do Hayfield-Jacobs-edale-hollins cross-Mam Tor- royce clough and mount famine clockwise, then a slight doubleback and down middle moor 😀

i’m planning on doing it next sunday the 16th, anyone is welcome as all i have is a map and a sense of exploration to guide me 😀

carlos
    Free Member

TBH I don’t mind it either way round, just depends if I want a long slog up to Jacob’s Ladder or not.

Phil – You can go down Coldwell Clough (Right after Mount Famine)and follow to the tarmac and bear left, stay on it and through a gate, left at the bridge, Left again at the T-junction, Pass the Sportsmans Pub on the right and look out for a Bridleway sign up some steep concrete (Snake Path), again on the right. Follow to the top and the Shooting Cabin/Start of Middle Moor.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘dark peak route advice’ is closed to new replies.