Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Damage to clothing in post office (slight rant content).
  • brant
    Free Member

At the post office the other day, my wife was wearing a really nice handmade scarf that I'd brought her back from Taiwan.

As she walked away from the counter, a small nail holding the molding that apparently isn't hammered in all the way caught the scarf, pulls the threads and has ruined it.

My wife said to the bloke behind the counter, "There's a loose nail here, it just ruined my scarf.", but the bloke barely made eye contact and just said "Oh."

midlifecrashes

Oh

tracknicko
    Free Member

the other day i stubbed my toe

grumm
    Free Member

I once fell off my mountain bike and scraped a hole in my shorts… Who should I sue?

pjt201
    Free Member

grum, was it an on one or a ragley? if so i'd sue the designer.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've given up caring that no-one who works in Post Offices cares about me. It was futile.

Junkyard
    Free Member

grum when you crashed it was your fault- as usual 🙄 😉 when the scarf got ripped it was their fault due to nail sticking out. I suspect they would pay if she has kicked up a fuss about it and seen the manger etc.

davidrussell
    Free Member

the manger? why does it always come back to religion?

tracknicko
    Free Member

i REALLY hope they wouldnt pay.

this is whats known as 'bad luck' surely.

i think we all get it sometimes.

wwaswas

go back to prevent another incidence of the problem and hope they don't misunderstand what the angry looking bloke with the hammer is doing when he starts bashing away at the moulding on the edge of the counter?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

really nice and from taiwan – lol

Junkyard
    Free Member

i REALLY hope they wouldnt pay.

this is whats known as 'bad luck' surely.

i think we all get it sometimes.

Not in someoene elses shop when they have been negligent. Dont get me wrong the sue culture is shocking but an expensive[we all know how generous Brant is eh] item of clothing is ruined because they left a hazard on their desk.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Oh the delicious poetic symmetry of it all…

'You have to accept that sometimes mistakes do happen'

A piece of advice once offered on this very forum.

Jamie
    Free Member

and just said "Oh."

Sounds like he nailed it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yet more evidence of how most people are apathetic and careless really. What if a child had walked into it an taken an eye out? Places like shops with public access may have some dangerous items that are unavoidable, but things like nails pointing into passageways is just negligence.

miketually
    Free Member

It's sad when you allow all humanity to be stripped from your day, all day. What then?

wwaswas

you copied that from somewhere, didn't you miketually?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Meanwhile, someone else, somewhere else, is wondering if they'll get enough food to eat today, or if they'll manage to get through the day without being shot or blown up.

Life's too short to be spent worrying about nails in Post Offices. Write a letter to the PO HQ if it bothers you that much.

blaggers
    Free Member

Hmm, are you really quoted by Seth Godin?

wors

just go into the post office with a big lump hammer and start twatting the counter

Junkyard
    Free Member

just go into the post office with a big lump hammer and start twatting the counter staff

there corrected your omission

menothim
    Free Member

Oops – nowt to see here – move along – I should read more before posting…

molgrips
    Free Member

Sticking out nails are not good. No suing should occur, but the worker should have at least got someone onto it, maybe a bit of tape in the meantime would have helped. That's what I'd have done if I worked there.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Damage to clothing in post office (slight rant content).’ is closed to new replies.