Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dalby XC world cup
  • clipper
    Free Member

Anyone know whether the red route is part of the race course and will be out of action for this weekend?

ton

when you say this weekend, do you mean THIS weekend or the weekend in april??

clipper
    Free Member

that'll be the weekend in April when the race is on…

jd-boy
    Free Member

Knowing the way the world cups work the whole forest will be out of bounds that weekend, seeing as you have to pay to spectate

clipper
    Free Member

Don't have an issue with buying a weekend ticket but will be driving up from London so wanted to at least get a chance to ride as well as spectate.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Try here on SingletrAction Dalby forum the trail builders at Dalby, Gil is the head of trail design and probably the best person to ask.

SingletrAction Dalby Forum

gil_

The red route should be ok to ride up until Friday afternoon, the WC course does effect a small part of the red route but I would imagine the red route will be closed over the weekend of the race or have very limited access.

The Citizens race will be on the Saturday along with practice sessions, the main race will be Sunday with events in Pickering on the Friday night

The WC course is currently open, however it does cross with footpaths on a couple of junctions and there are currently small conflicts with the current red route so you can't ride it in full. Please be aware of footpath users and red route traffic

Please note this is how I currently understand it, however anything could change

Drop me an email if you need more info and I will try and help as much as I can 🙂

clipper
    Free Member

Ah ok won't be driving up until the Saturday. Can't find much info on the citizens race but if that's a no-go do you think everything will be back open on the Monday?

Dougal
    Free Member
    gil_

You could always ride somewhere else…

Lots of lovely moorland riding to be had, then go and watch the race

roughneck
    Free Member

Get your self out on to the moors it great. The options are endless. Gil know the score.

clipper
    Free Member

Defintely be up for checking the natural trails out but thought seeing as I won't be in that neck of the woods again anytime soon then it would be worth sampling the red route. Any favourite routes you'd care to recommend for out on them moors?

roughneck
    Free Member

Rosedale loop is very good, Try this muddy bottom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dalby XC world cup’ is closed to new replies.