Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • daft crap you hear in adverts
  • TheBrick
    Free Member

Automatic soap dispensers. You are going to wash your hands after touching the dispenser, so even if it was covered in a shit it would not matter.

Cougar

I think you’ll find it bloody would.

goon
    Free Member

Very well done chrisdw. Genuine guffawing here….

grahamh
    Free Member

how about the car company that promises to pay a ‘non existant’ tax for 3 years, bit like a bank promsing to pay your “poll tax” to the end of the millenium if you take out a mortgage with them.

stever
    Free Member

Recent dishonest ads:
    That Holiday Inn ad with Shanaze Read biking around the place. I bet they’d love that.
    Thomas Cook people doing loads of exciting stuff on holiday. ‘I’m sorry Sir, that’s not covered by your insurance.’

joao3v16
    Free Member

I’d pay more attention to ad’s if they were produced by independent parties who could give an impartial opinion of a product, rather than manufacturers whanging on about how their latest offering is the best thing since sliced bread and your life will never be the same again if you own it – “oh really. well you would say that wouldn’t you. seeing as you’ve just spend millions in design, research, production & promotion.”

TV ad’s are the equivalent of unsolicited mail/phone-calls.

emsz
    Free Member

Lynx adverts.

It’s pretty mean to lie to spotty teenage boys that a can of deoderent is going to make them irisistable

xiphon
    Free Member

(Can’t remember the company, but it did make me laugh)

“We have further refined the ride by further optimising the suspension design, to allow greater traction, more control and greater efficiency”

———–

Fox 36

http://www.foxracingshox.com/2012preview/technology.php?t=tl

“Automatically adjusting to trail conditions in real-time, Terralogic allows you to focus on the task at hand. When it gets rough, the fork becomes active for plush, bump-absorbing performance; in smooth conditions, the fork stiffens to provide pedaling efficiency—and the option to have it either fully locked out or fully open.”

What a load of old cobblers.

molgrips
    Free Member

That Holiday Inn ad with Shanaze Read biking around the place. I bet they’d love that.

For balance, I have taken my bike (a lot dirter than Read’s too) in two Holiday Inn Expresses, and never received anything other than smiles and helpfulness. They offered to stash it in an unused conference room if I didn’t want it cluttering up my room too.

Limehouse and Royal Docks, in case anyone wonders.

Re the pseudoscience nonsense in ads targeted at women – you are all forgetting one key thing. It works. From their perspective, who the hell cares if it’s rubbish? If you were the boss of l’Oreal, would you say no to it?

Oh wait, you aren’t the boss of a huge global company.

andrewh
    Free Member

They offered to stash it in an unused conference room if I didn’t want it cluttering up my room too.

Why would you want to do that? You can’t clean it in the shower if it’s in the conference room.
    Also, why do the adverts saying ‘Go to Wales/Scotland/Yorkshire/etc for your holiday’ only get shown in the place they are advertising? Seems like the wrong audience

D0NK

It’s pretty mean to lie to spotty teenage boys that a can of deoderent is going to make them irisistable

how would you know? You never fancied any of them anyway 🙂

I saw the “Can I have it” clover advert for the first time yesterday, I was well impressed. That man is not from tribe called quest.

90% of adverts are dross, occasionally get a good one. That new lottery one winds me up at the moment.

LoCo
    Free Member

Some people are still surprised how easy it is to prepare frozen food

Carol Vorderman, Farm foods ad, What F”;;; people ?! that really used to wind me up 👿

Northwind

emsz – Member

Lynx adverts.

To be fair, Lynx play quite well with that- they don’t pretend it’s not ridiculous, hence more and more insane ads with thousands of women charging across a mountain etc.

samuri
    Free Member

The best Lynx one was about the World Cup suggesting that millions of men glued to the TV would present an opportunity for a predatory male liberally sprayed with Lynx.

To right! All the bad drivers are watching TV, I’m out for a safe ride for once!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘daft crap you hear in adverts’ is closed to new replies.