Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cyclocross – tubeless anyone ?
  • rigid_carbon
    Free Member

I am interested in having a go at converting mavic aksium wheels and maxxis raze tyres into tubeless. I have done several mtb rim / tyre combinations, with only one failure ( panaracer tyres ).

Has anyone tried this ? I cannot afford to buy a set of tubular wheels and like to run at lower pressures.

Thanks.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I think I new have done it

clubber
    Free Member

Stans do a cx kit so it’s perfectly doable. Considering this myself but a bit concerned as I currently run 85psi though I’d probably drop that to 60 for tubeless

Rorschach
    Free Member

Tried with that exact combination!Worked eventually but was far from straight forward.Only problem was they burped really badly at the pressures I’d want to run for cx.Gonna end up on tubs :o(

aP
    Free Member

I run tubs at 25psi and clinchers at 45 already. Can’t see the benefit tbh.

rigid_carbon
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

aP, will they not pinch at 45?

oldgit
    Free Member

I run Speed Kings at 45/50 and down to 30 in the snow and ice.
    Not had one flat at any races, even after some tired/lazy atempts at getting over railway sleepers.

traildog
    Free Member

45psi is maximum for cross IMHO.
    I’ve spoken to a few people that have tried tubeless but none have had much success and find they burp far too much. All have gone back to tubes or switched to tubs.
    85psi for cross??? ❗ I run my road tyres at about that. How do you ever get any traction. I’m light, so often gamble with lower pressures but even the 6’+ guys in our club usually run around 40-50psi.

clubber
    Free Member

85psi on 35mm Speed Kings but then I’m heavy and less than that = pinch flats (and actually even 85 still ocassionaly). FWIW, I’m not talking cross racing – mine gets ridden on all sorts including big rocky stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cyclocross – tubeless anyone ?’ is closed to new replies.