Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • cyclist killed today
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

just seen it on our local news that a cyclists been killed this am on the a1,near Blyth,Notts,whilst competing in a time trial! ,RIP.. 🙁

bradley
    Free Member

RIP…damn

project
    Free Member

from bbc news

18 March 2012 Last updated at 13:53

Cyclist killed in crash with lorry on A1A cyclist has died in a collision with a lorry on the A1 in Nottinghamshire.

Emergency services were called to the crash, near to Blyth, shortly before 08:55 GMT. The 43-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.

A section of the southbound carriageway between the A614 and A57 junctions was closed for several hours and diversions were put in place.

The dead man has not yet been formally identified. Nottinghamshire Police appealed for witnesses to contact them.

roach

RIP 😥

br
    Free Member

Many years ago they use to TT on northern sections of the A1, I thought the practice had stopped…

scaredypants

🙁

mind, the A1 – really ??

butcher

I’m guessing this is the single lane sections of the A1. And that article should say Northumberland, not Nottinghamshire. But very sad.

Klunk
    Free Member

another time trial a1 st neots. I guess the A1 is used because it has long sections without junctions and isn’t a motorway. I would ride on it though.

pennine
    Free Member

butcher: it’s Nottinghamshire not Northumberland!

butcher

Sorry, I didn’t realise there was a Blyth in Nottinghamshire. Very confusing.

malchales
    Free Member

Area of country not important. RIP.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Condolences. RIP Rider.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Its not far from Clumber park,Sherwood forest area of north notts south yorkshire border,its dual carriageway quite busy especially with lorrys etc,not ideal for a tt id have thought but what do i know,poor guy was only 43! .

Spud

The A1 is dual around Blythe, not somewhere I’d personally like to ride, but all the same thoughts out to his family and friends.

simondbarnes

quite busy especially with lorrys etc,not ideal for a tt id have thought

Time triallists appear to love these dragstrip courses as the high volume of traffic drags them to faster times. Don’t see the appeal myself, especially when you read about things like this 🙁

takisawa2

Same age as me. Poor chap. Condolences to his family.

daveb
    Free Member

Poor bloke, thoughts with his family

project
    Free Member

Just perhaps the highway authority should cone off one whole lane for the TT, as does a local council to us just so the gras cutter can cut the grass.

a540 fot the locals.

neninja
    Free Member

RIP to the rider

But as tragic as this is, I find incessant posts about riders being killed that are not known or associated with the OP or anyone on STW voyeuristic and unnecessary.

Should such a tragedy happen to a STW member or friend/family/associate of someone here then fair enough but I see no need to post links to every cyclist killed in the UK, Brazil or anywhere else.

As a motorcyclist and member of a few motorbike forums, may of them banned such posts years ago for just this reason. We all know that cyclists are vulnerable road users already.

wy518
    Free Member

I knew him well and it is so sad what happened to him, especially on mother’s day. Thanks for all the well wishes, his mum is in my prayers too. RIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘cyclist killed today’ is closed to new replies.