Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cycle to work scheme end of contract
  • dan1980
    Free Member

My cycle to work scheme payments are coming to an end (last official payment this month) and I'm wondering what'll happen next month with regards to transferring ownership of the bike to me.

Also, has anyone taken out a new cyclescheme contract shortly as the first one finished?

cp

entirely up to the employer as I understand – they might charge you what they like for it, likewise just let you have it for free & do the paperwork…

druidh
    Free Member

There shouldn't be any problem starting a new contract either.

timmys

I was charged £58 for a £1000 bike for transfer of ownership. I also started another round almost immediately after the first (last payment was in Dec, applied for new scheme early Jan, first payment on new scheme was Feb). The transfer of ownership letter from the first scheme didn't arrive till late Feb so it wasn't necessary to have that out of the way before starting a new one it seems. This was all with Cyclescheme.

Seymour_Butts
    Free Member

Gordon Brown will come round your house and ask to see your records of the mileage.

You have kept the records haven’t you?

orena45

My transfer fee was 5% of the original voucher value I think. Could have been 10% tho.

dan1980
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Guess I just have to see how much I get charged by my work then.

adeward
    Free Member

I paid £28 at the end of mine for my allez road bike,,

phiiiiil

The blurb for mine said 10%; I'll find out next month.

Personally I'm just going to keep quiet about it and hope nobody bothers to work it out… 🙂

armchairbiker

Mines just up to the end now. But already looking for enrolling in the next year already

anthonyb
    Free Member

Mine was £1 on a 1k bike. Nice 🙂

scruff
    Free Member

Mines up next month I think. I dont know what to buy next.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

My last payment was October 2009 & I've still heard nothing about the transfer of ownership, hopefully Merlin forgot to send the paperwork away!! 😆

geoffj

My last payment was October 2009 & I've still heard nothing about the transfer of ownership, hopefully Merlin forgot to send the paperwork away!!

So you don't own the bike then, you're just storing it for your employer 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cycle to work scheme end of contract’ is closed to new replies.