Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cycle Scheme – light XC HT Frame wishlist
  • grtdkad

So, my employer is trialling the B2W Scheme with a short window for applications in March/April…

– Will a bike shop allow me to purchase just a new frame with the voucher (Shhh!)
    and
    – if you had GBP1000 to spend on an XC frame what should be on the shortlist??

Scott? S-Works?…????
    😀

druidh
    Free Member

OH LOOK – SOMEONE ELSE TRYING TO DEFRAUD HER MAJESTIES REVENUES AND CUSTOMS

sc-xc

Don't you have to buy a complete bike? I would get whichever is most appropriate for your commute. I have been riding to work for 4 years on a fixed that cost me less than £100, can't see why you would want to spend any more on a bike that's going to be left at work all day…

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

the cyclescheme that I know about lets you get a bike thats over you're voucher…you just have to pay the extra so you could always do that?

Houns

yes druidh someone else is taking the p*ss on the scheme and wants to get it closed down for everyone else

Jase
    Free Member

Prob just as cheap to buy the full bike and sell the bits compared to buying frame only.

grtdkad

Lordy, you lot are a tad touchy tonight! FFS calm down!

allthepies
    Free Member

"Majesty's"

pinches
    Free Member

becky_kirk43 – Member

the cyclescheme that I know about lets you get a bike thats over you're voucher…you just have to pay the extra so you could always do that?

any money added to the voucher would be completely lost, if anything happened throughout the hire purchase agreement. The majority of bike shops shouldn't let you add to the voucher, cyclesheme don't allow it in their T&C's.

luked2
    Free Member

You also have to use your new bike "mainly" (i.e. more than 50%) for travelling to/from work, although you don't have to keep records.

grtdkad

Druidh…a case of 'Pot calling the Kettle Black' here surely? 😉

njee20
    Free Member

You won't get a Scott Scale or an S-Works Carbon frame for £1000 anyway!

eBay special, £200, and still lighter than an S-Works Carbon!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cycle Scheme – light XC HT Frame wishlist’ is closed to new replies.