Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cycle carrier for Yet ASR-5 – what are you using?
  • mttm
    Free Member

As the title says. I’ve got four types of cycle carrier and my new ASR-5 doesn’t fit in any of them. The roof ones either can’t cope with the downtube diameter, or they clamp on the cables and the rear brake hose on the downtube. The tow bar mount is a Maxrack, which can’t be used because of the rear shock mount point on the top tube. What are other owners using?

Oh, I need to carry the bike on the outside of the car, or it can’t go on holiday with me.

orangeman5
    Free Member

Post contact for my unique set up with pictures.

dseenya
    Free Member

Thule 561 fork mounted, wheel in the boot?

mttm
    Free Member

Looked at the 561 – doesn’t seem to be compatible with QR15 forks? Happy to be corrected, because this would be a viable option.

Orangeman – unique set-up, intrigued…

ratherbeintobago

Looked at the 561 – doesn’t seem to be compatible with QR15 forks? Happy to be corrected, because this would be a viable option.

It isn’t; there is a Thule QR15 adaptor; I am unsure whether this is available in the UK as the 530L lefty one I need isn’t. Hurricane Components make something similar which I think CRC sell though.

Andy

mttm
    Free Member

Thanks for those links, that’s an interesting option. CRC do sell the Hurricane components adaptor at £32, so that’s got real potential.

jad
    Free Member

Could you not just slacken off the cables around where the carrier clamps the down tube so the cables aren’t being crushed?

orangeman5
    Free Member

Pictures sent. More available if interested.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cycle carrier for Yet ASR-5 – what are you using?’ is closed to new replies.