Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • CX Quandary – On One Pickenflick or Ritchey Swiss Cross Disc?
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Hi All

I want to buy a new CX frame to replace my Kona Major Jake.

I’ve narrowed my choices down to an On One Pickenflick and a Ritchey Swiss Cross Disc. Ritchey is £799 and the On One is £699. Both come with carbon forks

If I get the Ritchey I can use all the bits from my Kona and if I get the On One I’ll have to get a new chainset as according to the website I’ll need an MTB one as I possibly can’t use my Rotor 3D cranks

Opinions on both greatly appreciated

Happy Christmas to all

Ken

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

A guy fitted a normal road crank on a on-one http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pickenflick-owners-a-question

everyone
    Free Member

Get the Ritchey. It looks nicer. Shame they don’t do the disc in red like the canti version.

boxelder

Ritchey and I’ll buy it off you in a couple of years (very tempted by the Jake, but still have an d on one TiX)

evilsovereign
    Free Member

why not stretch a bit further and get a tripster. best bike I’ve ever had, by far. and I’ve had a few.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Head-Pickenflick
    Heart-Swiss Cross

pryally
    Free Member

I much prefer my pickenflick to my tripster – if you prefer a tall front end maybe the tripster would suit you better. It also depends on the use for the bike, mudguards/racks etc

benji
    Free Member

There is only one answer and that’s the Ritchey, they look lovely.

everyone
    Free Member

Surely the answer is almost always the Ritchey? I definitely wouldn’t complain if I had a fleet of them!

velosam
    Free Member

Ritchey for me it’s lovely

ken_shields
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    Head-Pickenflick
    Heart-Swiss Cross

I agree…..Swiss Cross it is I think

evilsovereign – Member
    why not stretch a bit further and get a tripster.

Lol ATR Tripster is double the price

Cheers

Rorschach
    Free Member

Charlie has got a big one going cheap (bikemonger that is)

everyone
    Free Member

I expect a build thread when you get one!

ken_shields
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member
    Charlie has got a big one going cheap (bikemonger that is)

I know 😀

benji
    Free Member

Had the pleasure of seeing one of these in the flesh today, and fully built up, it was not heavy, in fact it was very light. Good mud clearances, and some very neat touches to the frame.

Daffy

Whilst admittedly biased, I’d take the PnF. Tapered head tube, lighter, stiffer and I prefer the bigger tubes.

Have you considered a Niner RLT9?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Did you kill your Jake?

velosam
    Free Member

pryally – ‘I much prefer my pickenflick to my tripster – if you prefer a tall front end maybe the tripster would suit you better. It also depends on the use for the bike, mudguards/racks etc ‘

I am intrigued to know why, does it ride much better? I have a ti burls and compared to a kaffenback its nicer to ride, but that could also be down to a carbon fork.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Nipper99 – Member
    Did you kill your Jake?

No the Jake is still going strong. Did a 20 mile blast round MK on it today. Just fancy a change

Daffy

The Niner is aluminium and no better than the Jake TBH and as I said above I just fancy a change

ken_shields
    Free Member

Pickenflick ordered. I couldn’t resist at the price in the PX sale 😳

Nipper99
    Free Member

What year is your Jake?

ken_shields
    Free Member

Jake is I think is about 10 years old. It’s a scandium frame and comes with both disc and canti mounts. It’s a 60cm frame. It’s been powder coated, has newish custom decals and a one off headtube badge

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘CX Quandary – On One Pickenflick or Ritchey Swiss Cross Disc?’ is closed to new replies.