Home Forums Bike Forum Pickenflick owners – a question

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Pickenflick owners – a question
  • Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

On One seem to suggest you need to run a MTB double crankset. Being a shimano type I’d probably be looking at XT… What front mech would that need a MTB mech such as XT or a road one such as 105?

sq225917
    Free Member

XT would be the choice option.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mine came as standard with a SRAM XO MTB chainset but with Rival road shifters. Do the MTB Shimano mechs fit your road shifters

firestarter
    Free Member

I always thought if you used road shifters you used a road front mech regardless of crank. Thata what ive always done on my bikes

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Apologies if I’m being dim. So consensus is road levers (obviously), road front mech, but a MTB chain set.

Just slightly concerned it sounds like a bit of a bodge on what is a reasonably expensive frame.

Daffy

You can run a road double. Just install an additional 1.5-2mm spacer on the DS BB.

It works perfectly.

Daffy

pryally
    Free Member

I thought this was only on the first frame, the new ones are ok to run normal compact chainset? I have the original (running 1×11) and the new one coming next week with cx1

scandal42
    Free Member

That’s lovely Daffy

How do these ride on the road? Much lost in comparison to a road bike?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Mine is the road bike. Can’t say that I notice any differences. Then again all my bikes are different so they feel different anyway.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Hi Daffy is that a large I can’t stop looking at these with the 20% off there only £640

brianp
    Free Member

Feel the same as The-milkybar-kid, beautiful Frameset at a terrific price.

Would it be ok to ask about sizing? I am 178cm, 5’10 and prefer a shorter more upright position these days, so thinking medium would be good. Does this sound right to you owners out there?

Brian

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Am I missing something re: the 20% The-milkybar-kid mentions above… I haven’t seen this deal

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member

Tonolina
    Free Member

Brianp – I am also 5’10” and have just bought a large Pickenflick. I like a more upright position and have put an adjustable stem on it to raise the bar height. It was assembled with short brake cables so that limits how high the bars can go, but if you buy the complete bike I’m sure it can be built up with longer cables and a more upright stem. The only other thing I would change is to get wider bars fitted. Other than that, it is a wonderfully solid, stable light bike. And the 20% discount makes it a bargain.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Thanks The-milkybar-kid

brianp
    Free Member

Thanks Tonolinoa. I do wish On One would include more measrements in their frames details.

So I can compare with current frame, I would be grateful if you could measure two actual measurements on the frame.

The actual top tube, from mid point of seat tube where top tube intersects to the mid point of where the top tube intersects the head tube.

Same for the seat tube, centre of bottom bracket to mid point of top tube/ seat tube intersection.

Thinking that if I bought the frameset I can leave the fork steerer uncut until best position found.

Apologies to OP for thead drift, grateful for chance to ask owners about sizing.

Daffy

TMK – yes it’s a large. 57cm. For all those questioning size. I’m 6′ and would usually buy a 56cm in almost everything. This feels bigger (which it is) and I think would be too big as do it all bike for anyone 5’11 or under.

brianp
    Free Member

Thanks Daffy. Reading this Road CC test the bike is a 55 and the tester is 181cm and the bike looks right, so for,me, a 55 should work I think.

http://road.cc/content/review/116607-one-pickenflick-cyclo-cross-bike

Tonolina
    Free Member

Attn brianp, just had a quick measure up. Length from middle of head tube to middle of seat tube is 505mm and from bottom bracket centre to intersection with top tube is 500mm.

brianp
    Free Member

Thanks, although I am completely confused now. Not expecting actual top,tube to be 505. Was goin to try to order by end of day today to gain extra 20% discount but will,have to,leave it I think.

Brian

Tonolina
    Free Member

Oops, measured, thought I would remember measurements an hour later when I wrote my reply. Actually both are 550mm. Honestly. Sorry Brian,

brianp
    Free Member

Thanks, size sorted now. Just need to gird loins and order frameset and headset.

Brian

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Pickenflick owners – a question’ is closed to new replies.