Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • CX = engines
  • Coleman
    Free Member

“fact is, riding is always quicker if you can do it. if you haven’t the skills then running is probably the best option for you!”

Ha! Ha! Yet more craap!

ton

i wish i was a engine that could just keep going, rather that the technical riding god that i am………… 8)

peachos
    Free Member

haha – that other guy got in my way on that one – cleaned it on 3 of my other laps with a dab on one other. never claimed to be a riding god. what’s pwned??

oldgit
    Free Member

To be fair guys. If going uphill fast is your ting, and going downhill ain’t and it’s a race wadda ya gonna do?

Cross is about picking it up and running when the times right. Like wise in a cross race you’ll find MTB’ers granny’ing some climbs when it would be faster to carry. That’s not to say they’re poor riders, more of a mindset thing.

peachos
    Free Member

“fact is, riding is always quicker if you can do it. if you haven’t the skills then running is probably the best option for you!”

Ha! Ha! Yet more craap!

is it though?? i don’t think so but happy to hear an explanation of why you think that it is not true. running down a descent vs riding down. running up vs riding up.

mrmo
    Free Member

fat unfit belgian, a race is won by the first person across the finish line.

and a comment about the photo above, how much time was lost by crashing, how much time would running have cost.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I only started racing cx last season and went through exactly the delusions you’re having now.I’m not exactly shabby in the bike handling dept 😉 and took the “ride it all” perspective-and got my arse handed to me until I wised up.
    I did ride all the techy bits at HtN even though it was a bit slower and a lot more risky.But I was there for fun..and a bit of a race.If I was being deadly serious I would have run the “death” descent and the stream crossing….and I might have not given away all my gels and water!!

oldgit
    Free Member

Why did he even bother turning up?

Harry_the_Spider

Mountain Bike rider showing how to ride the “Death Chute”.

http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/photo8602558.html#photo

MrSparkle

A gurn that even Terrahawk would be proud of!

steve_b77
    Free Member

All that saddle remounting is surely a recipe for crown jewel crushing 😥

clubber
    Free Member

Only if you do it wrong 😉

(you’re supposed to land on the inside of your thigh)

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Zdenek Stybar – Current World Cyclocross Champion, clearly a crap bike handler!

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘CX = engines’ is closed to new replies.