Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cwm Carn parking
  • blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Hi
    Going to Cwn Carn in a few weeks and was wondering what the situation with parking is? I will be meeting people there so is there one main car park, it looks like there are a few on the map? Also, I have heard there is trouble with things being stolen from cars, is this a big issue or just a matter of not leaving anything on show?
    Thanks

nickegg
    Free Member

Main car park in the first turning on the right once you're on the forest drive. As for stuff getting nicked….don't leave valuables on display, same as any car park.

geetee1972
    Free Member

It's been a while since I was there, but between 2007 and 2009 I must have been at Cwmcarn at least once a month and never heard of any problems with theft. But as Nick said, it's just common sense and a red rag to a bull will more likely provoke a response.

FuzzyWuzzy

Careful with the potholes in the main car park to if you have a car with a low front end 🙁

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

Get there early on a weekend. It gets packed.

phil.w
    Free Member

There is one main car park where the trail starts and is the pick-up point for the up-lift.

100 meters up the road is the visitor centre and a small car park at the front.

If the main car park is full drive up the road past the visitors centre and the campsite there is a car park by the fishing lake.

GaryLake
    Free Member

If it's nice make sure you're there by 9am…

fadda

I think the "problem" with theft is more from the campsite, than the bottom car park. I'll be there in the morning for my first ride in about 3 weeks! 🙂

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Okay, great. Thanks Chaps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cwm Carn parking’ is closed to new replies.