Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • customer service?
  • joemetcalfm
    Free Member

today a chap took a bike out for a test ride and went through a puddle. when he got back to the shop he commented that the front wheel had a bit of water and grit on it. he also wanted the saddle tweaking and the stem, no problem. then before he took the bike out again he insisted on the bike being washed down as the dirt and grit on the front wheel was a health and safety issue. in my mind the customer service is the main reason for not shopping on line but to me this seemed a bit crazy. i wasnt serving the guy but my co-worker who was gave in and rinsed the bike for him. i know there are a few crazys out there but this was on another level. im thinking he must be a health and safety officer. is this the shape of things to come?

allthepies
    Free Member

😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Refuse him a test ride. Seriously. He put that water and grit on the tyres when he took the bike out. So, if he was that worried about it, he should have spotted it while riding and then walked, carefully of course, back to the shop with the bike.

What a muppet. Whereabouts was this?

al_f
    Free Member

He's either a nutter or was taking the p!ss IMHO.

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

we are up in the north east of scotland. we have allot of rain and mud up here. it was quite amazing. i think my jaw dropped.

hoochylala
    Free Member

😯 indeed! Surely riding the bike in the first place was a H&S issue!

zaskar
    Free Member

Either playing a joke or has some OCD?

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i thought prankster at first but no, no way. he was proper serious. very thick glasses.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

no way could that guy have have been serious, he was either having a laugh or he was testing for something…

Gary_C

Ah,but was he a roadie on a road bike?

If so,that'll explain it………. 😉

jimmy

its a MOUNTAIN bike MOUNTAINS are DIR-TY.

(swap mountain for road if required)

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

nope it was a £325 quid giant city hybrid thing. cycle scheme so we know where he lives.

druidh
    Free Member

You can always just say "no".

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

i would have said no, i almost wish i had served him.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

we know where he lives.

Wee through his letterbox. 😉

sslowpace
    Free Member

Should have asked him to wipe his dirty feet and wear gloves. 😈

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a right laff today, went into this bike shop to try a cheap commuter and told the guy it was a health and safety issue that the front wheel had water and grit on it. I even got the guy to rinse the bike before I took it out for a second run!

ziggy
    Free Member

Pfftt, that's nothing, this week I had a customer in who was hovering watching fix a bike with a lefty on, he said..

"Is that for a one legged man?"
    😆

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

ziggy if we did cannondale i would tell people thats what the lefty is for. i cant stand them.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘customer service?’ is closed to new replies.