Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Custom decals question
  • damitamit
    Free Member

I know a few of you have done this, so thought I’d ask here.

If i’m getting a decal printed which consists of just a word (no graphics) should I:

– get each letter cut separately and stick them on individually. How do you make sure the word stays in alignment?

or

– get the word printed on clear vinyl as one block. Will I be able to see the clear bits once its on?

Whats the best method in your experience?

Thanks
    Amit

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When I had some printed the vinyl is between a paper backing (sticky side) and a clear top layer, peel off the paper, stick onto the frame, peel off the clear layer, just like puncture repair patches.

damitamit
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon, where did you get them printed?

damitamit
    Free Member

Anyone else had custom decals printed?

clunker

yes speak to Gil gil@thecycleshed.co.uk

flimsy
    Free Member

Anywhere that cuts vinyl for decals will apply a backing. Its semi transparent so you can still see where its going. Apply, give it a rub and peel off backing! Simples….

rickmeister

Agreed, then each letter will be put on individually then they can be sealed with a clear coat.

CCA signs did ours…font and size of our choice…

Welcome to cca-signs

gil_

Totally depends on size of text and also colours used and number required to a degree

Normally something with a letter height above 10-12mm would be a pre-spaced cut vinyl, this comes with an application tape so no need to fit single letters, all fitted in one section

This is durable and can be clear coated if you wish as long as the frame is not oven baked to cure the clear coat

Lettering smaller than 10mm or with fine detail would be printed onto a clear base and cut to a 2mm outline profile, same as above applies for clear coating

Lots of other options, drop me a email for more info 🙂

damitamit
    Free Member

Thanks Gil, will email you the illustrator file tonight…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Custom decals question’ is closed to new replies.