Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Current Kirroughtree Conditions?
  • Neil-S
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m planning on riding Kirroughtree on Wednesday. It’s a fair old trek so I don’t want to waste the journey if it’s not rideable.

I’ve checked the 7stanes website, but that isn’t being updated at the mo.

Have any STWers ridden there in the last couple of days? Is there much snow?

Cheers!

Neil.

Neil-S
    Free Member

Bump 🙂

rep341
    Free Member

Not seen anything direct for Kirr today, however GT + Inners icy- Dumfries area – Mabie b roads atrocious and poster doubted if youi would get into Mabie car park, he then went on to say Kirr was due snow today!
    Hoping to get out myself tomorrow- Kirr was looking the best bet out of all the good stanes sites- but if travelling far could be a bit dissapointing according to poster

+1 for info please as im planning on going on Thursday, driving there & back from Manchster.

acanno
    Free Member

Passed by today and no snow around with temperature positive so should be ok

davy-g
    Free Member

I have been told the trails are clear at Kirrie….I am heading down there on Wednesday also…(I live 26 miles West of Kirrie..)

light rain showers forecast for Wednesday…

Trekster

Marin_Maketh_The_Man – Member
    +1 for info please as im planning on going on Thursday, driving there & back from Manchster.

Watch your speed on the way.
    Plods have been having a purge on the road from Gretna onwards due to a spate of nasty accidents recently. You may get frustrated following all the Irish lorries but that is usually a sign that the camera vans and the Battenbergs( Volvo T5s) are around somewhere. They tend to hide in places you cannot see them till too late 🙄

forge197
    Free Member

Hoping to get to Kirri on Wednesday, be a slow ine second ride in over a month!! Will report back if I go.

Neil-S
    Free Member

I’ve not been out in 6 weeks forge so I’ll be as slow as! Sounds like it might be worth a drive though.

If anyone is riding there tomorrow can you report back please? 🙂

Cheers,

Neil.

forge197
    Free Member

I will be puffing and wheezing up the hills or walking them 🙂

davy-g
    Free Member

give the breakpad a call after 11:30am today…. 01671 401303

Hey forge… there will be 3 of us doing the red/black on wednesday.. Myself, Craig1975 and Stompy the boat dog… we will be hitting the trails about 10:30am… everyone is welcome to join in and make it a larger group ride…

forge197
    Free Member

Hi davy-g,

My legs aren’t ready for group rides yet, but I will try a get down for 10.30 to say hello I am going to do a red/blue hybrid I think and see how it goes.

craig1975
    Free Member

forge197- we are planning on taking it easy.. so tag along dude.. see you there 🙂

davy-g
    Free Member

Forge.. trust me… my legs are shot… be my 3rd time since August that I have been back out on the trails.. I for one will BE Taking things easy….

Trekster

Tempting
    Will see how night shift goes, how many burst water & steam lines I have to contend with 🙄

Wimped out of todays ride…bit of pressure from `er indoors 😉
    Wet & miserable out anyway and trails are likely to be a mudfest after the very quick thaw. Kirry should be OK tho 🙂
    Have got from tomorrow till Mon to get some riding in 😆

Neil-S
    Free Member

Well, the breakpad say there is no snow at all 🙂

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Have got from tomorrow till Mon to get some riding in

Let me know if you want to try getting out over the next few days. And is there a plan for the 2nd January? All the snow around here has gone, but there is some serious ice lying in wait- with the slightly warmer temperatures I think it might be safe 😕 to venture out!

davy-g
    Free Member

@ Neil S there may be the odd bit of standing water on the trails as it has been raining pretty hard here for the last few days..

You are more than welcome to join in with our group if you are at the car park before 10:30am..

I drive a 53 plate Silver Vectra, Craig drives a Mondeo Estate ST and Stompy drives an 07 Plate silver vectra diesel..

@ Trekster… hope to see you there bud….

Cheers Everybody. Looking good for thursday 🙂

Trekster

And is there a plan for the 2nd January?

Never really do “plans” 😉
    Meet @ Shed for 10am, davy_g and Graig + mates will be joining in.
    Slight spanner may get thrown into the works. SO is going to Edin with family and is hinting I might like to drive them up 🙄
    Thought this trip was by train & later in Jan ❗
    Will keep you all posted as to outcome………………..

Fancying Kirry on Wed? Leave Dfs @ 9.

nick1962
    Free Member

Watch your speed on the way.
    Plods have been having a purge on the road from Gretna onwards due to a spate of nasty accidents recently. You may get frustrated following all the Irish lorries but that is usually a sign that the camera vans and the Battenbergs( Volvo T5s) are around somewhere. They tend to hide in places you cannot see them till too late

Or you could all drive sensibly within the speed limits at all times preventing those nasty accidents in the first place and let the plods get on with other stuff…

markyboy
    Free Member

just back from kiroughtree.trails are fine patches of ice on fire roads but all the singletrack is totally clear. 😉

aldo
    Free Member

Was at Kirroughtree today. No snow at all.

Brilliant to get out on a surface other than ice! You should have a great run.

PS. As above, we noticed the cops pulling folk over today.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Fancying Kirry on Wed? Leave Dfs @ 9.

Yep can do. Havn’t been back there for just over a year. I can drive if you want, or fit in with whatever plans you have already. Takes me 15minutes to get to pretty much anywhere in Dumfries. Don’t think the roads will be too bad.
    Do you have my number?

Trekster

Do you have my number?

Not sure, have left mobile at home, at work atm.
    Have access to e-mail all night, mail me and we can swap numbers.
    Can meet at Heathhall Tesco/Esso garage 9am, take me mins to get there.
    Your car would be good, I`ll bike down to Tesco.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Okay will send my mobile number over to you through your email.
    Will see you at 9 tomorrow morning!

cutsngrazes
    Free Member

Thanks for link Davie – erm, not that I’ve ever ridden with you, but reports Ive heard is that you dont do things by halves!! 🙂
    Dave, Paul, John et al….
    Enjoy Kirry – pop and badger Dave for a tea/coffee
    Have fun 😆
    Sam

Trekster

Hi Sam. Shop open I take it?
    btw the slipper is Andrew, worked a while with Steve @ Ae.

daveb
    Free Member

Heading over there on Saturday, hopefully things hold out as last trip had to be cancelled 🙁

Trekster
    forge197
    Free Member

Good to catch up and join you for the first half of the ride today, hope the rest was good and Davy-g didn’t get broken!!

See some of you on the 2nd a Mabie

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Good ride today. Thanks for letting me tag onto the group. Need to go west more often!
    Looking forward to mabie on the 2nd now. Can we petition for the cafe to open as it sounds like there may be a few of us?

davy-g
    Free Member

Good to catch up and join you for the first half of the ride today, hope the rest was good and Davy-g didn’t get broken!!

too late.. I got broken……. 😯 knee gave way on me climbing an incline on the white witch section….I peeled off back to the car at the bottom of “Stairway to Heaven”, even Scott had a knee injury…and had to turn back.. the attrition rate was pretty high today..

was good catching up with everyone and meeting Andrew… hope to be fit enough for the 2nd Jan.. I will be bloody slow.. you have been warned…LOL

Happy New Year to everyone..

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Just remember Dave that mechanical mishaps and knee/bar interface causing shortening of the ride is considered a crash and therefore you should be carrying the mascot (whatever it will be) at mabie!

Trekster

knee gave way on me climbing an incline on the white witch section

Need to use all the gears shimano have provided you Dave, noticed you were mashing the big uns. get them legs spinin 😆
    Wish I`d had the use of my Granny ring and ben able to climb Heartbreak Hill and show all the yougsters we kept meeting how to do it, got 4 outa 6 🙂 before I had to walk.
    Looking like the 2nd is a goer 😆 SO is getting train to Edin 😆

Can we petition for the cafe to open as it sounds like there may be a few of us?

Can but try. Jemma may hev made other plans by now tho.
    The Shed at Mabie link

forge197
    Free Member

Bad news on the knee, davy-g though I doubt I’ll be any faster on the 2nd 🙂 so all are warned 🙂 default has a point on the mascot though,

davy-g
    Free Member

therefore you should be carrying the mascot

“Wee Hughie” belongs to me now.. he has been with me every bloody ride this year… brought him home and stuck him in the washing machine…. 8) 8)

I hate using the granny gears as I spin and don’t seem to get anywhere fast…LOL

Trekster

get anywhere fast

…..just easier to go slower 😉

davy-g
    Free Member

…..just easier to go slower

feels like i have come to a dead stop when I am out on the trails with you guys… 😯 😉

forge197
    Free Member

Just back from an epic to me 5hr ride around Kirroughtree mix of blue, red and black shattered now!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Current Kirroughtree Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.