Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • CRUISER BIKE
  • mollski
    Free Member

anybody ride a nice beach cruiser?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I don’t ride it, it was given to me by a bloke who was moving back to Brazil. He got it off one of the Yanks who work at Menwith Hill nr Harrogate. It’s a ’79 Huffy Good Vibrations.# It also has a nice red chain guard not in the pic. The wheel rims are not original, the bloke from Brazil got knocked off it in Harrogate and a wheel got squashed.

Coleman
    Free Member

Nice? Beach No! Cruiser Yes!

kiwijohn

takisawa2

**THE WEEDS HAVE NOW BEEN TREATED**
    **THE WEEDS HAVE NOW BEEN TREATED**

Picked up off here for £30. Not done anything to it yet, (too busy picking weeds), but plan is a respray, full guards & possibly a bit of re-chroming. Coaster brake only so stopping is an entertaining affair.

IMAG0504 by pten2106, on Flickr

walleater

My 1952 Schwinn cruiser:

My Skull Skates cruiser:

Solo
    Free Member

OOoo. Nice thread ! 🙂

More pics please.

I’d love to have a cruiser. I was looking at speed cruisers the other day.

Anyone making modern speed cruiser frames ?. I thought I saw a therad here where someone posted a link to a place selling modern style. Ali and Ti cruiser frames.

🙂

ex-pat
    Free Member

“OOoo. Nice Thread”
    Here, let me fix that for you…

Actually, a lot of fun to blast around on, and nice’n’light unlike a lot of the bikes here I’d wager.
    😀

mollski
    Free Member

here here has above ,love that schwinn dude

Hairychested
    Free Member

For several months I had access to this bike. Rode like an old Merc – comfy, comfy, comfy.

Raindog
    Free Member

Some lovely bikes above, I’d love a cruiser but it’d never get ridden – too many hills here !

Solo
    Free Member

My Fav so far is Walleater’s.
    😉

Think I’d like to try to build one with a shimano geared hub, so that you still get the SS chainline, but you have gears too.

I can see myself enjoying that kind of bike, as I’m quite a relaxed cyclist most times. I don’t feel the need to set the road on fire with my speed, anymore.

I imagine ridig a cruiser would be like an old friends Raleigh bomber I use to ride when we swapped bikes as we rode around.
    That thing just use to buzz along, with the me in a more upright, relaxed position.

As per my first post, there was someone posting pics of Taiwanese frames, ali and Ti, which were cruiser and cruiser-eqsue in their style.

🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

used most days for local chores

has my first set of wheels on that i’ve completely built, laced, tensioned and trued (free Campy Records on £20 Mavic X225!)

now has mini front rack with a wire basket on the front for “cargo” (my son on the school run) and shopping (beer tends to bounce about so if anyone has ideas on how to add some suspension to the basket – i’d appreciate it)

its a mooch along the tow path

:mrgreen:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CRUISER BIKE’ is closed to new replies.