Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Crud catchers
  • l45key
    Free Member

Thinking about getting one for the winter, but I was wondering whether you can fit them to downtubes with cables?

robbo69
    Free Member

I don't think you would be able to fit one if you have cables running down the underside of your down tube (not 100% though)

khegs
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure you can, but it is a bit more fiddly, obviously, as you need to get the o-rings underneath the cables.

nickc

Yeah it's OK, the cables can stand to be bent out of the way a bit

MrTall
    Free Member

I could fit one on my old bike which had cables running under the down tube as the cables each went down in a straight line and could be run either side of the crud guard.

My new bike has an annoying cable routing whereby the cables cross over so i can't run the crudguard. I use a neoguard on the front fork instead.

l45key
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i got 2 on my downtube with cables running down it …..

and got 1 on my seattube with a cable running up it 😉

and yes i was just seeing how many mud guards you could get on a bike to stay dry during a 24 hour event ! oh how we laughed

Northwind

You can, various ways to do it, you cna stand the catcher off the tube a bit with a little foam or you can add short lengths of cable outer to let the cable move freely… Or you can just not care, and have the cables slide along the guard, it doesn't really matter unless you have crossed over cables.

Or… You could buy a proper mudguard like a shockboard 😉 Much more effective.

Crag
    Free Member

Crud catchers can be bastardised to fit downtubes with cables running down but its a lot of faff.

Better off buying one of these

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22990

It has a couple of rubber cables guides that makes the guard stand proud of the frame so doesn't interfere with the cables. Fit and remove in seconds and quite secure.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

cycra guard are shit… i used one when they were new, and the dont keep as much crap off your face as normal ones do.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cycra guard are perfectly fine ….

your talking shite cullen bay have you tried placing one cycraguard over a crud guard – there is very little in it

the only thing better is as said a shock board …..

grumm
    Free Member

I had one for a while – it works fine if you have full length cables.

molgrips
    Free Member

No other mudguard will fit if you have Pace forks. Not even the ones that are meant for Manitous.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Wrap some inner tube strips around the d/tube (and tape the end) if you need to make the crudguard stand proud of the frame….

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Crud catchers’ is closed to new replies.