Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)
  • Crisps
  • Harry_the_Spider

Also. People who don’t like olives should be sent to prison.

santacoops
    Free Member

Olives are homo.

higgo
    Free Member

I am a heterosexual man and I don’t like Monster Munch.

You can come out of the closet now. You’re amongst friends. Well, you’re amongst complete strangers on the Internet and we promise not to take the micky. Well, we might not do it a lot. Well, ok, we’ll mercilessly take the piss, but we’ll be laughing with you, not at you. Well, actually we won’t. You know, it doesn’t look good for you, if I’m honest.

If I’m honest I have let my curiosity get the better of me recently. But I still can’t stand them. I don’t like the flavour or the ‘sticking to the roof of my mouth’ thing.

higgo
    Free Member

Olives are homo.

I’m a heterosexual man and very fond of olives.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Seabrook crisps are far and away the best ‘standard’ crisp.

If you’ve never had ‘owt’ better, perhaps.

Ah, so sad to see all this. I think the government should organise some emergency supplies of Walkers and Golden Wonder to be airlifted to the North as soon as possible, end this suffering. 🙁

I thought nowadays a bowl of olives had replaced crisps as the pub snack of choice daaaaahn saaaaarf Fred? Or some swans livers if you were particularly peckish?

Not the pubs I go to. The whine bahs Flashy and Stoner and the like might frequent, maybe, but where I go you get proper crisps, and fish n chips to die for:

From the Grapes in Limehouse. Famous for it’s fish n chips. Fresh fish every day, top-grade chips, and the most sublime mushy peas you’ve ever tasted. All that for £8-9 or something. I’m sure some Northerner will be along to say you can get all that and a pint of warm beer for thruppence or something, but come down here and try some. You will not be disappoint.

crispo
    Free Member

Seabrooks Prawn Cocktail……The finest prawn cocktail crisps going!

Harry_the_Spider

Whoa! Is that lettuce next to that fish? ####ing lettuce? #### off.

And where’s the ####ing gravy?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Olives on the bar?? Eh?? You sure, not where we live SonnyJim, they’d flatten the Mirco Brewery Real Ale’ist in all of us. They’re fine if drinking wine or savory cocktails, but never with beer, ewe, megga ewe.
    Now if you are talking Nuts on the bar, then ewe too.. all that finger grabbing/haven’t washed hands from the vist to the loo syndrome.. no, no thanks.
    Quavers and Guiness come recommended from me, have been known to miss supper for a couple of pints and a couple of bags of cheesy Quavers.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Shh.. Don’t tell the savvanahs we keep the good Seabrooks crisps and send the rest darn sarf.

khani
    Free Member

9 QUID!!! You don’t get much do you 😯 you’d get half a whale for that ooop norf!

Dr_Bakes

Another fan of Seabrooks Ready Salted here but those Jacket Potato and Butter are disgusting. They’re so sweet and have a horrible after taste.

Whatever happened to Hedgehog crisps?

teadrinker
    Free Member

I just got into work and read this thread, then promptly left the office to go and buy crisps. Thanks. Ham and Mustard McCoys in hand, I read on a happy man…………

😀

higgo
    Free Member

Whoa! Is that lettuce next to that fish?

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen today.

Only in London….

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Olives are homo.

😕

Homo- what? Homogenised? Homologated? Homophobic?

9 QUID!!! You don’t get much do you you’d get half a whale for that ooop norf!

No you don’t; you get something that’s bin deep frozen for several centuries, some McCains if you’re lucky, and Happy Shopper peas. Unles you live near Grimsby, and quite frankly, who wants to do that? 😯

santacoops
    Free Member

Theres a facebook group that supports it so it must be true…

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39373329326

Harry_the_Spider

Some ponce will be along soon to say that they would rather have la-di-da capers on a pizza rather than mushroom.

santacoops
    Free Member

Homo- what? Homogenised? Homologated? Homophobic?

Homogenisation. Please see study on the subject in the link.

http://www.aster.it/documenti/iniziative/tefarco/p447.pdf

😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

What about tortillas??

Are they a crisp?

If so can we include them too?? Ahhh, cheesy Doritos and Adnams Summer Gold then taverymuch.

Either that or Gouldens Gold and Walkers SnV.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Homogenisation. Please see study on the subjuct in the link.

😯

Pylon and cling film?

The World has gone mad I tell you, mad.

😆

Qualitage…

davidrussell
    Free Member

kettle chips for me are a bit too greasy and crunchy.

i like the red sky crisps and McCoys are great if you ignore the nutrition advice on the back.

I also like smiths crisps that you salt yourself, chuck away the salt and you’re left with greasy potatoes.

oh an artichokes on pizza are awesome.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Can I mention Pringles here, are they a proper crisp?

Love kettle chips, crushed up and mixed with grated cheese and onion and popped on top of a pasta bake for 10 mins for that perfect crunchy topping!

binners

In the interests of research I’ve just eaten a packet of the jacket spud seabrook. They’re not good! You should stick to what you know really. Its a bit like a group of northern blokes forsaking an evening of ale, darts and whippets to attend a contemporary dance event! It’s never going to end well

Harry_the_Spider

Yes you can.

No they are not.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Yes you can.

No they are not.

Not that I doubted you but I remember this hitting the news for some reason and your right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7490346.stm

santacoops
    Free Member

What about Twiglets? Not a crisp as such. A snackette that hurts after a few handfulls. Tasty mouth shredders.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Crisp Sandwiches – yay or nay?

crispo
    Free Member

Tasty Nasty mouth shredders.

FTFY

binners

Crisp sandwiches are best with seabrook salt and vinegar. They
    make your teeth water

bikebouy
    Free Member

I give you …

The Jesus Crisp.

colournoise

Crisps are now old hat.

Bizarre but totally addictive.

slainte :mrgreen: rob

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The class war aspect of snacks and nibbles eh ?

Good lads…….keep it up 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

And the Almighty version..

santacoops
    Free Member

Tasty Nasty mouth shredders.

FTFY

Crispo, your name suggests you are the font of knowledge on this subject. My apologies.

khani
    Free Member

No you don’t; you get something that’s bin deep frozen for several centuries, some McCains if you’re lucky, and Happy Shopper peas. Unles you live near Grimsby, and quite frankly, who wants to do that?

That not true, you just don’t get charged a fiver for extra lettuce,
    I accept the bit about Grimsby tho 😕

Cougar

Jacket Potato and Sun Dried Tomato! Are they insane?

I may have misremembered (or made that up).

Olives are homo.

Depends where you’re sticking ’em.

Crisp Sandwiches – yay or nay?

Yay!

teadrinker
    Free Member
    santacoops
    Free Member

Recently I’ve been rather partial to these

http://www.naturallygoodfood.co.uk/Savouries/Vegetable_Chips_Tyrells_150g

Veg crisps – get out, go away, no thanks and yuck generally!

crispo
    Free Member

Santacoops – quite alright. Youre pretty much spot on with the rest of your potato based snack views so ill forgive you this.

The tyrells popcorn is fantastic though clearly falls down on the fact it doesnt have any potato in it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you are going down the VegCrisps route then these are pretty good.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That not true, you just don’t get charged a fiver for extra lettuce,

😆

In fairness, I have eaten fish n chips in all sorts of places around England and Wales, from scabby local chippies to posh(ish) restaurants, and The Grapes’ offerings are superb, and unbeatable for value imo. Simple, unpretentious food cooked properly.

Take Gordon Ramsey’s The Narrow just down the road though; I won’t go in there now, unless it’s for a pint as they do Meantime beer in there. Now if you want overpriced, pretentious, soulless and poncified, then the Narrow is perfect. Microwaved pre-prepared food at restaurant prices. It’s little more than a glorified canteen; noisy, impersonal and rushed.

People will turn their noses up at the Grapes, with it’s authentic decor and a few smelly dogs, and go and get ripped off in The Narrow, thinking they’re oh so sophisticated. Mugs. GR is laughing at you as he counts his money…

I accept the bit about Grimsby tho

It’s sad though really isn’t it? 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘Crisps’ is closed to new replies.