Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • Crisps
  • itstig

Just had a bag of seabrook Jacket potato and butter crisps.Taste foul!”goodbye salt hello flavour” 0.1% salt 5.5% sugar. Potatoes fried in fat made to taste of potatoes and fat (but not like plain crisps).I bet a focus group was involved.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have you thought of taking them back ?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If it’s not McCoy Steak or Worchester Sauce French Fries (not technically a crisp) don’t bother. Jacket Potato flavour crisps… Ehhhhh I dunno 🙂

expiscator
    Free Member

Had walkers lamb and mint recently. Awful! I never thought there was a huge need for ridiculous flavours, quite happy with cheese and onion or salt and vinegar. Maybe the occasional Mccoys Steak but nothing more.

EDIT: Well Space Raiders obviously(before the price went up) but they are in a different league all together.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Seabrooks are nasty crisps. Only Northerners like them. They are/were made in Bradford, but unlike other Bradfordian things, they are not at all nice.

They were trying to give them away in Ilkley Community College Student Union bar. They din’t have many takers.

Fortunately Bradford has many beautiful things, in fact is one most beautiful place in World. 😥

Weep, at the sheer beauty of it all:

The World-Famous Alhambra (There is a place in Granada, Spain inspired by and named after this wondrous vision).

Bradford City Hall.

St Georges Hall.

National Media Museum

Manningham Library

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from Portugal, where they had tomato & garlic flavour crisps. Surprisingly good!

Coyote
    Free Member

Oi Elfin! Not all Northerners like Seabrooks. Vile, disgusting, greasy things No matter what the overlay may be the basic flavour is always lard. <shudders>

higgo
    Free Member

Oi Elfin! Not all Northerners like Seabrooks. Vile, disgusting, greasy things No matter what the overlay may be the basic flavour is always lard. <shudders>

Indeed.
    Seabrooks are the crisp of last resort.
    Emergency use only.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

the wasabi seabrooks are alright, but they’re no kettle chips, that’s for sure.

higgo
    Free Member

I think that’s what annoys me so much about Seabrooks. Some of their flavours are excellent e.g. the wasabi. They’ve also cracked the ‘ketchup’ flavour better than other crisp manufacturers. But the crisps themselves are just horrid.

khani
    Free Member

The crisps of the gods…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Some of their flavours are excellent …………But the crisps themselves are just horrid.

Can’t you just lick and suck them higgo ?

santacoops
    Free Member

You MUST try these. 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

**** me, have you checked the sell by date on that packet santacoops ? 😯

santacoops
    Free Member

❓ 😯

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Have a look and see if it says something like 30 08 1945 💡

santacoops
    Free Member

I guess you’re referring to the picture. Here she is again…

http://www.tyrrellscrisps.co.uk/crisps/sunday-best-roast-chicken

…she has eggs. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Seabrook’s are “pub” crisps and are only fit for consumption when you are muntered, like a kebab with “everfink on it”.

Have you tried their Canadian Ham ones whilst sober? Good grief! Like eating burnt electrical tape.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“ENGLISH ECCENTRICS”

Ah I see, she’s not really a land girl

carry on…..

santacoops
    Free Member

Veg crisps – get out, go away, no thanks and yuck generally!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Anyone else think Kettle chips are a total disappointment? They all taste like ready salted to me.

bikebouy
    Free Member

What is it with the cost of these crisps.

I know all crisp manufactures went through the same old marketing cr*p at the same time by trying to make their products “a taste sensation” and attempt to make them all funky and trendy, then wham the price up 19 fold..
    Have you bought a packet of Walkers SnV Grab Bag recently.. £1.05 in my local co-op. Out-Bloomin-rageous.. seriously.

But if you must then my local co-op does a family pack of McCoys in different flavours for a solid £1.00.. now thats far better.

Designer Crisps? Waste of effort.

santacoops
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPchZ-6-XE[/video]

Mantastic
    Free Member

Bring back those Burton Fish and chips and the chicken and chips. Not exactly crisps but good beer food

binners

What the hell is wrong with you people?! Seabrook crisps are the finest known to man! I might have known we’d get a load of poncey middle class hand- cut this and premium ingredients that!

Basically, if you don’t like monster munch, you’re probably gay. Sorry, but there it is. You may still be in denial, but some day your just going to have come out and admit it to those who’ve known for years, by the way you eat tyrrel’s crisps in the pub with your little pinky poking out like you’re in a BBC Victorian costume drama!

Kettle chips indeed?! Pfft!

santacoops
    Free Member

Basically, if you don’t like monster munch, you’re probably gay. Sorry, but there it is. You may still be in denial, but some day your just going to have come out and admit it to those who’ve known for years, by the way you eat tyrrel’s crisps in the pub with your little pinky poking out like you’re in a BBC Victorian costume drama!

I love Monster Munch. Pickled onion. I eat Tyrrels crisps in the house. I don’t eat crisps in the pub because i don’t like sharing. I don’t have my pinky hanging out ever, just the balls, on their own.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What about, right, if you’re Gay and you like Monster Munch?

Kind of blows your theory out of the water, does not in any way it, Binners?

Seabrooks are nasty, cheap, lardy things. Just Northerners trying to ‘Northernyfy’ an already perfect idea, cos they have inferiority complex and simply have to be better than everyone else.

Well it hazzunt worked. There you sit, in your miserable, cold, dark, damp little hovels, without running water, electricity or even flush sanitation for God’s sake (oh the Humanity…) eating yer Seabrook crisps and exclaming ‘eee these Seabrooks crisps are reet champion our lass’ and ‘as tha seen t’whippet then pet?’ and ‘ay oop, I think there’s trouble at t’mill’ and other assorted Northern sayings. Whilst wearing greasy flat caps (even the women and babies) and secretly yearning for a toilet you don’t have to get hypothermia every time you need to use it….

Elfinsafety: Helping to bridge the North/South divide since Eighteen Forty Three.

jackthedog
    Free Member

What the hell is wrong with you people?! […] I might have known we’d get a load of poncey middle class hand- cut this and premium ingredients that!

Agreed.

Basically, if you don’t like monster munch, you’re probably gay.

Agreed.

Seabrooks are great, but for me the daddy has to be:

It’s an orgy of South Yorkshire. I usually eat them while standing at Coles Corner, listening to Richard Hawley in one earphone and Jarvis in the other, whilst rhythmically tapping David Mellor cutlery against my thigh, having driven there in my Simplex under the influence of Farmers Ale.

chakaping
    Free Member

Seabrooks need to bring back their roasted garlic flavour.

Never had a crisp like it!

santacoops
    Free Member

I’m gonna make my own crisps tonight now. They’re going to be better than any of yours!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Seabrook crisps are ace. Pickled onion flavour.

The best crisps in the world ever were Tudor Crisps and they had the best adverts ever:

Except the chocolate flavoured ones. Me and a mate were nearly sick when we bought some on the way back from school once. In fact, I think my mate vomited into a hedge.

Seabrook, Tudor, and Phileas Fogg are all northern crisps and are all good. The finest in the world.

failedengineer

What on earth are you people on about? Seabrook crisps are far and away the best ‘standard’ crisp. I’m quite partial to a ‘handcooked’ crisp mesel (oops, given the game away there with a bit of Northern creeping in), especially, for some reason, Co-Op lightly sea salted (Co-op won’t be posh enough for you shandy drinkers though, will it?).

higgo
    Free Member

Basically, if you don’t like monster munch, you’re probably gay. Sorry, but there it is.

I am a heterosexual man and I don’t like Monster Munch.

binners

I thought nowadays a bowl of olives had replaced crisps as the pub snack of choice daaaaahn saaaaarf Fred? Or some swans livers if you were particularly peckish?

Cougar

Thank you Binners, the voice of reason. Seabrooks crisps are great, generally.

That said, the OP is right too. Their jacket potato outings aren’t very good. I got a multipack with JP & butter, JP & onion or some such, and another one (JP and sun-dried tomato? Maybe). The butter ones are grim, but a lot better if you add a bit of salt, defeating the object. The oniony ones are better, but not particularly earth-shattering. I’ve not tried the others yet.

santacoops
    Free Member

Olives?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I havent tried the Jacket potato and butter flavour Seabrooks. But the pub I used to work at used to stock Worcester Sauce flavour Seabrooks. Absolutely class crips. Them or Salt and Vinegar McCoys

khani
    Free Member

Since moving dahn sarf I can’t get a flat cap for love n’ money 🙁
    Tried to get me a whippet and ended up with a poodle!!!!
    And the gravy tastes like eels…..AND…everyones dads a dustman! And dinner is lunch and teatime is dinner, It’s not normal I tell thee….

Cougar

I am a heterosexual man and I don’t like Monster Munch.

You can come out of the closet now. You’re amongst friends. Well, you’re amongst complete strangers on the Internet and we promise not to take the micky. Well, we might not do it a lot. Well, ok, we’ll mercilessly take the piss, but we’ll be laughing with you, not at you. Well, actually we won’t. You know, it doesn’t look good for you, if I’m honest.

Harry_the_Spider

Jacket Potato and Sun Dried Tomato! Are they insane? 🙄

Why not go the whole hog and make violin and Turtle Wax flavour? Dog turd and wall paper? Pylon and cling film?

The World has gone mad I tell you, mad.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘Crisps’ is closed to new replies.