Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Crikey that's harsh.
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/10130240.stm

I wonder why it is that some countries are so backward in their thinking? I'd have thought Malawi had bigger issues to deal with.

clubber
    Free Member

Took quite some time for things to change here too didn't it (and it's still ongoing).

FWIW, in Africa, that's probably seen as a lenient sentence for the 'crime'…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I think Uganda want to implement a death penalty, so 14 yrs in malawi seems rather lenient for Africa.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    firestarter
    Free Member

i wonder if they stay faithful ?

igmc 😉

zaskar
    Free Member

Well from a country that still has tribes I'm suprised they didn't dunk them in water to see if they float…

They are a developing country. It's easy to see how backwards' it is but so is this country in some ways.

(Personally I'm disgusted they were even convicted but it is the law of their country.)

Will the UN get involved? should we lead a strike force there too?

joolsburger
    Free Member

What I don't understand is why being gay is such a problem for some people? What possible difference does it make, why the bullying. I just can't understand.

Seems that back in ancient times it was completely accepted (Rome, Greece etc) I hate to bring it up but the Christians seem to have a right bee in their bonnet about it.

clubber
    Free Member

Don't think that Muslims like it too much either…

geminafantasy
    Free Member

the British were chemically castrating people including the inventor of the computer Alan Turing in the 50's so its quite a modern thing for us to be so liberal in our thinking, Oscar Wilde was sent to do hard labour aswel, its so stupid and without the intention of being provocative I agree with joolsburger that it probably has something to do with christian thinkin and their illogical hatred and intolerance of homosexuality as more enlightened societies generally dont have these issues anymore

angryratio
    Free Member

I reckon its actually for that crime against fashion of a shirt the fella on right is wearing..

but yes. bit harsh.

Do what you like with your sticky out bits long as they're not in my face.

timmys

…and the law this couple were prosecuted under was actually introduced by the British during their colonial rule. Go us.

crikey
    Free Member

It wasn't me.

MrsToast
    Free Member

To be fair, the Koran just says gays should be strung up and beaten until they stop being gay. The Bible says kill them. :/

backhander
    Free Member

Many like their little boys though. Certainly do in Afghanistan.

crikey
    Free Member

Many like their little boys though. Certainly do in Afghanistan the Vatican.

Fixage..

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

the British were chemically castrating gay people in the 50's

Very good point, and in fact you wouldn't have to go far form your front door in the UK to find someone who thinks it should still be going on today. This is something that people forget very quickly. For example we can look at a country and say "why the hell don't women have the vote, that's just daft." well look up just how long women here have had the vote in the UK and you'll find it's possibly within your grandparents' lifetime and certainly within your great grandparents' (1928 btw, if wikipeadia is right). Attitudes to things like equality and sexuality take generations to change, mostly that's the fault of our own taboo-ing of subjects but also it's simply a case of societal momentum.

doesn't make the decision any easier for the 2 guys being jailed of course.

sofatester
    Free Member

Many like their little boys though. Certainly do in Afghanistan the Vatican. most religious groups.

Fixage..

Double fixage 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Hmm, probably fixage squared that… 😆

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Crikey that's harsh.’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts