Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Creaking bottom bracket
  • martinm116
    Free Member

Getting some occasional creaking from my bottom bracket when I stand on the pedals. Time for a new one?

What should I be looking at paying in a LBS to supply and fit a new one. Think I've got ISIS one in there at the moment, probably a cheap one.

TheSlider
    Free Member

Is there play in the cranks ? Side to side ? If not, try greasing first…if you've got the tools that is.

martinm116
    Free Member

Not noticed any play. Haven't got the tools, never bothered buying them as thought the amount of times that I would use them would just be cheaper to pay someone else to do it.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Clean the bike, drop some oil onto the crank/BB interface then try again.

If it's intermittent, I doubt it's the BB or the crankset that need replacing – just a bit more TLC.

martinm116
    Free Member

Ok will try a bit of oil in there and see how it goes.
    Ta.

glenp
    Free Member

Check chain ring bolts too. Often one can assume its the bb, but it could be several other things.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Buy a tool to remove your BB – then you'll have it for next time too and can change it yourself.

As others have said – remove cranks and BB. Clean, regrease, tighten everything and usually creaking goes away.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

lol martin ive posted a few threads about my creaking noise on here, mine still creaks and ive taken my bb out greased it cleaned it etc still there, thats why i said earlier i might just buy a new one like u say, it only happens when im in a high gear or pressure is on the bike

z1ppy

bit of rain sorted mine the last time is started creaking… over a month ago, must think about cleaning it over.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Creaking bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.