Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • CRC Sharketing?
  • rob1984p
    Free Member

Spotted the banner ad on here and thought, phwoar cheap Yeti’s, i’ll take a look.

40% off RRP is actually 40% off of a four year old frame, ok. hmmm hang on, it gets worse!

I had an ASX and I was sure it was only £1100 when new but they reckon it’s £1140 after 40% comes off. They also reckon a 2007 303 was £4300 and are asking £2600 now yet they were only £2800 at full price.

Pretty sure this is illegal, now don’t get me wrong in terms of terribleness it’s not up there with genocide, concentration camps and one way systems but still.

dmjb4
    Free Member

It is lying and cheating. But back in the real world, everyone does it. DFS advertise sofas most weeks at half price. That’s half the price they were (not) sold at in one shop in their chain for 3 hours two years ago.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There are actually rules about this – they have to have been on sale ast the full price for a set period of time and within a certain time limits. if you are that bothered look up the limits and ask awkward question.

grum
    Free Member

IIRC there are no set time limits any more about being sold at full price, just a ‘reasonable’ amount of time.

CRC are pretty annoying with their sales where there’s only one obscure size too. Might be legal but it’s deliberately misleading.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘CRC Sharketing?’ is closed to new replies.