Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • CRC Ordering Question…
  • Wozza
    Free Member

I’m about to order from them with my debit card… whats the beef lately? Are they still any good?

Cheers

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

the chinese will hack your gmail if you do…

Wozza
    Free Member

“Welcome to Shitty Wok, I mean CRC, take your order please”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mah05
    Free Member

I placed an order ova 2 weeks ago. Was 4 days processing and then said it was dispatched 5 days ago still not turned up.

grum
    Free Member

Don’t.

Janesy
    Free Member

I wouldnt, I think there having trouble with there courier. Isn’t it royal mail? They dispatched … still in progress with parcel force 48 express.
    How can it be next day delivery when they email me a parcel force 48 tracking number.

grum
    Free Member

It’s not the courier’s fault if they don’t even send it for several days (and clone your card).

Wozza
    Free Member

Dammit! I ordered my shifter cables from there. Anybody know how to make a Blur singlespeed for the weekend?

ross980
    Free Member

I ordered something at 8pm on Bank Holiday Monday. Got an email at 7:45am on Tuesday saying it was dispatched, arrived yesterday morning via Royal Mail. Paid with Paypal to avoid any issues. Maybe you lot are just unlucky? They’re as good as they’ve always been ime/o.

EDIT: Also ordered stuff from the On-One sale at the same time, equally quick delivery but even better value

billysugger
    Free Member

Set up a PayPal account and ordered 2 items on Thursday, they turned up earlier today. Big box, No sweets included 🙁

heuer27
    Free Member

Has anyone tried to get on their site over the last couple of days . I can’t ,possibly something is amiss again.

grum
    Free Member

Maybe you lot are just unlucky? They’re as good as they’ve always been ime/o.

Yes, lots of people who’ve previously had no problems, suddenly having problems, are all ‘unlucky’ at the same time – how strange. 🙄

nedrapier

If you need it in a hurry, I’d go somewhere else. If the price is good and it’s not urgent, why not?

ross980
    Free Member

Yes, lots of people who’ve previously had no problems, suddenly having problems, are all ‘unlucky’ at the same time – how strange.

Fine, to satisfy the pedantic **** I should have said “maybe I’ve been exceptionally lucky to get my order as quickly as ever”. In fact I’m going to buy a lottery ticket as soon as I’ve finished writing this.
    I just thought I’d share my recent (i.e. 2 day old) experience with the OP. As others have said, if you need it in a rush buy it in a shop.

Crell
    Free Member

I’m having a pretty poor experience with the customer service side. Always been good otherwise, though I’ve been using paypal since the problems. Orders & delivery time (2-3 days) have not been an issue, but getting someone to respond to an email clearly is, as is any consolidated case based view of my contact with them at their end.

grum
    Free Member

Fine, to satisfy the pedantic ****

Bit touchy aren’t we? It’s just unhelpful/pointless to suggest that your solitary experience means that everyone else’s problems are because of ‘luck’. CRC clearly have a problem at the moment.

As others have said, if you need it in a rush buy it in a shop.

That’s fine, except CRC used to reliably post stuff the day you ordered it, and it usually got delivered the next day. They also still claim ‘same-day despatch’ on their item pages.

ross980
    Free Member

Grum, saying something is ‘unlucky’ is a figure of speech, obviously you took exception to this and decided it warranted a reply. I thought I’d add my recent (positive) experience to add some balance, I wouldn’t say that was ‘unhelpful/pointless’ (unlike your posts which in fairness adds nothing – if you have personal experience of CRC being crap why not share them?). 4 people on this post have had problems with delivery, 2 haven’t, so not everybody is having issues. Inevitably though it’s mainly those with genuine complaints that end up posting, so it’s difficult (if not impossible) to make a properly informed decision.

Wozza
    Free Member

Just had shipping confirmation so can’t disappointed with that. Maybe I got lucky or maybe it’s all sorted.

I did look at the LBS but it was a case of out of stock, on back order or pay a 25% premium. You just can’t argue with some of those prices.

I placed an order ova 2 weeks ago. Was 4 days processing and then said it was dispatched 5 days ago still not turned up.

Doh!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Definitely no longer next day delivery but whether that is due to the new automated system or Royal Mail, who knows? Ordered a sticker sheet late on Friday and was pretty surprised to see it was marked as despatched on bank hol Monday – arrived this morning (Thurs) and, yes, it was in a rather large box 😳 . Happy to use them with Paypal (their stock levels are second to none) but if I’m in a hurry I’d probably look elsewhere first.

sparkyspice
    Free Member

I’ve yet to encounter a problem with CRC. However I’m not sure why I got a big box that would barely fit throught the letterbox for some quicklinks…

Wozza
    Free Member

Arrived! Happy days.

Oggles
    Free Member

Next day delivery here, with the Royal Mail free delivery option…

2209 Wednesday – Order Placed
    0951 Thursday – Shipping confirmation
    1250 Today – Arrived at reception

Can’t say fairer than that.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘CRC Ordering Question…’ is closed to new replies.