Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • CRC prices?
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

What’s with all the price fluctuating? There’ve been some fantastic frame bargains on the site over the last couple of weeks – sadly most of the items in my wishlist are now out of stock (who snapped up the Rocky Mountain SS and Slayer frames for £499?) while I’ve been waiting for visa cut-off day 😕 . Evil Sov frames were £300 earlier this week – now back up to £594 (ooops, no sorry, smalls are back down a little to £469), Slayer SE frames were £699 yesterday and are now £899 and worse still, Intense Tracers are now back to £1550 (yesterday they were £1099) and I’ve been praying that the small works red wouldn’t sell quite yet 😥

Please online bike shops, if you have to reduce frame prices, make sure it’s after 25th of the month. Thank you XXX

khani
    Free Member

I got a brand new 2010 manitou swinger air 4 way isx thingy yesterday for £75, up to £175 today
    Checked my crc/paypal accounts today in a moment of panic and it was indeed £75 and I got the despatch email today as well,
    It does seem very up and down

mamadirt
    Free Member

😯 That’s a massive difference.

Still advertising the ‘frame sale’ down there but the special offer prices seem to have gone up 🙁 . . . ah well, it’s probably for the best, eh? 😕

khani
    Free Member

Yeh, save your dosh,
    There’s allways something else comes along…..

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

Prices made to be put back up after lbs complain to distributors who then tell crc to play nice?

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

Limited stock I’d say, I got the last large black Sov on Friday for £300. I saw someone else post that they nabbed the last medium green one too. I’d been fretting about them selling out at £469 for a few days before.

Fully agree with the “after the 25th” rule, I had to do some financial shuffling to make the purchase.

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Cane Creek Headset £39.99 …now £156.99

Thankyou to whoever it was who posted the link on here !!!!

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

Never underestimate the power of a miserable lbs! 😉

rob1984p
    Free Member

formula k18s were down to £110 at the weekend, snoozing on my part means my first brand new bits purchase in ages is off and will now be the usual secondhand affair..hurrah

Tom83

Managed to get the Viper Freeplay frame at £399, comes with an rp23 float they’re selling for £250. Now back to over £500, hopefully the frames not total carp, but took a punt!

mboy
    Free Member

Gutted I missed all the uber cheap 2010 Manitou Minutes, going for about £150! Never mind…

Still, I managed to nab a pair of XT 10spd shifter for a faintly ridiculous £35 though!

mboy
    Free Member

formula k18s were down to £110 at the weekend, snoozing on my part means my first brand new bits purchase in ages is off and will now be the usual secondhand affair..hurrah

Shhhh, you didn’t hear this from me right, but go onto Merlin’s site, sign in as a VIP, and they’ve got K18 Oro’s for only a couple of quid more than they were at CRC…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Disgruntled employee with access to website price files giving people a special bargain?

mboy
    Free Member

Disgruntled employee with access to website price files giving people a special bargain?

Who knows

But what the hell has happened to CRC’s delivery times??? I placed my order Sunday evening, and according to their website its status is still “processing”… WTF? Chain Reaction a year or so ago would have had that posted to me on the Monday, and I’d have been fitting it to my bike today! It’s generally why I use them rather than anywhere else, cos they were always so quick and efficient.

khani
    Free Member

Well the shock turned up today, ordered Monday pm, not too bad IMO
    Much cheapness 😀 hundred squid dearer now

neninja
    Free Member

Made a spontaneous purchase of a spare helmet on Monday – reduced from £69.99 to £15, now back up to £45-65!

Still showing as processing.

convert

Something very weird going on there. As someone selling a turner 5spot I was a little disappointed that were seemingly selling them off @ £995 as shown 2 days ago. They are now back up to £1595. Has to be someone with butter fingers playing with the database or a rogue employee….

Crell
    Free Member

evillittlegoat – did you get a headtube decal on your Sov? Mine arrived yesterday, but no HT decal on the bike or in the box- just the spare downtube and TT decals. After I ordered mine the price went back up within 3 hours or so.

A colleague was trying to order a set of Manitou’s at a bargain £150. The site timed out when he was checking out. When he tried again it wouldn’t let him complete the txn, and after a little longer the price went up to the MRRP. What’s worse (more telling & disappointing) is he accidently sent two “what happened” emails to CRC. The first came back basically stating they never were that cheap, you are wrong. The second came back (about 10 mins later) saying it was a stock out issue, and they’d shifted the units they had available at that price. I’m sure someone knows what’s going on there.

ventanarider
    Free Member

was going to buy something yesterday for £40.00 got distracted so went to buy it today and it had gone up to £95.00 🙁

Janesy
    Free Member

I ordered Formula hose Sunday evening and still shows processing.
    Just phoned them and the answering system said all people are busy. then hung up.

ARGH I want my ££ back.

grum
    Free Member

I ordered Formula hose Sunday evening and still shows processing.
    Just phoned them and the answering system said all people are busy. then hung up.

ARGH I want my ££ back.

Likewise with my order from Sunday night – have emailed them asking to cancel but no response. POOR

Burchy1
    Free Member

Likewise with my order from Sunday night – have emailed them asking to cancel but no response. POOR

+1

I went for a Sram PG990 cassette on Sunday night as it had been heavily reduced, still ‘processing’ and no response.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

evillittlegoat – did you get a headtube decal on your Sov? Mine arrived yesterday, but no HT decal on the bike or in the box- just the spare downtube and TT decals. After I ordered mine the price went back up within 3 hours or so.

I did, there were two different headtube badges in a baggie with the seatclamp, cableguides and a small sticker. Sorry to hear yours was missing but if CRC wont help an email to Silverfish or Evil themselves is worth a shot, Ive had good communication from both, very helpful.

julianwilson
    Free Member

mightymarmite – Member

Cane Creek Headset £39.99 …now £156.99

Thankyou to whoever it was who posted the link on here !!!!

8)

singletracksurfer

gutted. didn’t have any money to get the CC headset when it was posted and went to order today 😥

Sillyoldhector
    Free Member

I placed an order for some “in stock” items on the 11/5 and thats still showing processing! Emailed them last week and got a reply 2 day later saying if the order hadnt arrived by 23rd Id be elligible for a replacement order. Emailed them on the 24th but so far no reply and original order still showing processing, so my guess is it was never dispatched.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘CRC prices?’ is closed to new replies.