Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • CRC – Is it safe to start ordering again yet?
  • TheSanityAssassin

As title, really.

jonnyv
    Free Member

my mate got done last week,so no unless it’s paypal mefinx.

Tim
    Free Member

Ordered last week and seems fine so far…

wagenwheel

Why?

7hz
    Free Member

naffrider
    Free Member

Been using paypal with them of late as dont want to risk it but everything I’ve ordered has taken a week to arrive, which is pretty crap compared to what they used to be like. May have in part blamed royal mail but after ordering items elsewhere and still receiving them before the items I ordered from CRC I dont think thats fair.

cynic-al
    Free Member

paypal here.

ordered yesterday and today. both despatched today.

spooky_b329

Paypal on Tuesday at midday, paid Special Delivery and although they said it was despatched that afternoon, it didn’t reach the mail centre until Wednesday evening. I politely complained, got no apology just a brief explanation, and they didn’t offer to refund the postage as per the website, I had to send another email to ask. Not long ago it would have been with me the following day with the free postage.

And the item is faulty anyway, not their fault but reckon they should pay special delivery both ways to replace it personally, especially if standard post is taking up to a week.

flyingfox
    Free Member

No way!

nick5
    Free Member

I ordered a funn fatboy bar last week from crc and recieved the next day. Thought or probably assumed the hack issue had been sorted… er, I’ll just log onto my bank account…

nick5
    Free Member

yep, fine so far.

spw3

I was done 12th March. Got an email from CRC saying they had found and fixed the vulnerability.

Wouldn’t try CRC without PayPal though.

jedi

lbs for the win for me.

Marge
    Free Member

As the holder of a foreign credit card I thought (hoped) I might be resistant to the CRC fraud but I’ve been caught too now.
    I’ve been away on business trip but just come back to a letter from my credit card provider telling me someone tried to make some purchases on the 6th April…

Looks like I’ll be a paypal user in the future or shop elsewhere.

Always used paypal and never had any problems.
    Ordered some stuff from both CRC and Wiggle on Thursday of last week, standard delivery, and both parcels turned up on Saturday.

kimbers

spw3 – Member

I was done 12th March. Got an email from CRC saying they had found and fixed the vulnerability

thats interesting so what was the vulnerability, poor website security or dodgy employee??

snowslave

Bought stuff on line on 24th March. Got a hefty clobbering of fraud that started with the 02 test around 16th April.

They have no class. Pizzahut, yuk. They’ve actually tried to get £1000+, successfully got about £300…

kimbers

I’m really confused why anyone uses a credit card rather than paypal

darrell
    Free Member

i am still waiting for the CRC IT bod who slagged everyone off for downloading p0rn to apologise.

I havent used CRC since being done in March. And to be honest my business has gone elsewhere now and is unlikely to go back to them.

their customer service is total shite and there are many other options out there

showerman
    Free Member

kimbers have you ever been on the wrong side of paypal, i have and they are worse than a pitbull on heat then they try to take you to court in luxemburg?? for a £6 mess up which was their fault sorted its self out in the end but i had to do all the leg work, so happy to use the credit card my bank are far more helpful..

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Yes – but only with paypal – which I have done.

Their public response to the whole issue was sluggish and pathetic. They never mentioned the issue on their website. They did not e mail all their recent customers. Someone who might be from their commerce solution supplier was stupidly offensive here. And Singletrack did not seem that concerned about the whole thing, which disappointed me. Even now, 2 days ago when my wife topped her phone up with O2, we got a security call from our CC.. again… They know how compromised we could be because of previous CRC purchases.

Merlin FTW, CRC only if no one else has it.

And as for their “private sale” 🙄

accu
    Free Member

ordered two weeks ago..using my “fraud” voucher and paypal…
    everything fine..
    but delivery with royal mail took too long….used to be better…

andytherocketeer

just trying to decide what to get with my voucher, now that I have 2 new CC’s.
    50% chance that one of them was due to paypal, 100% chance that the other was CRC.
    as for royal mail… well my last order took *weeks* to arrive. that eats right into Paypal 45day dispute window. Give me a CC and consumer credit act protection any day.

smell_it
    Free Member

So has anyone used their cc for a crc purchase in the last few weeks? I don’t Paypal, and crc have some wheels that would do me nicely! I did consider paying the extra hundred quid my lbs will charge me, but the usual totally disinterested manner just ment I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

lipseal
    Free Member

I used my cc the other day and no probs yet.

rbrstr
    Free Member

I’d say no. i had my card stopped as a precaution by HSBC last week. this is the third time on two different cards since christmas,coincidence?

wont use CRC now unless it would be really cutting my nose off to spite my face. they are shite.

sinaisinner
    Free Member

Made 3 prchases with CC (From here in Egypt) in the last 2 weeks. I didn’t know that there was a problem until reading this.

All orders arived within 2 days and no problems.

Should I be concerned? What is the best thing to do to prevent any issues?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

CRC clearly know they have a problem so you’d think they’d shut the credit card payment section down and only accept Paypal until they resolve it all.

I think its pretty crap of them to keep accepting credit card numbers knowing that they may be nicked by the thieves who seem to have attacked their web site / credit card payment provider.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I won’t be using my card with them until there is a statement from CRC that something has been fixed.

Used my card on 12th March with CRC and it was stopped last week after over £3k of suspicious activity was declined. The bank hinted the CRC transaction could be to blame so there’s a decent time lag from details getting compromised until fraud attempts.

Very inconvenient. I’ve seen a few mentions of fraud vouchers – how were these issued? Did you have to alert CRC that you were a victim of card fraud, possibly through their siteq?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Received an update from CRC the other day:

“The independent forensic investigation has shown that our infrastructure was the target of a sophisticated attack which resulted in the theft of card details relating to a number of our customers. Details were being stolen ‘real time’ and only a small proportion of recent CRC customers were affected.

The access point of the theft has been identified and permanently closed off so we are confident that we have fully addressed any weakness in our infrastructure.”

jonb
    Free Member

Just been onto the credit card company after they stopped my card. I use it a bit online but when I mentioned CRC they were aware of the problem.

Could have had my details for a while. Made a few orders since the start of March.

I’d still go down the paypal route and keep an eye on statements.

grahamh
    Free Member

Phone call to day from the bank fraud office 🙁
    attempts to purchase £15 of O2 vouchers and then £112 else where..
    I last used chain reactions in December, looks like the theives are
    still working their way thought the list they obtained.

aracer
    Free Member

Like others I used paypal last time. Next day delivery (which they still claimed when I ordered) seems to be a thing of the past – they actually managed to dispatch same day, but sent PF48, so not really much hope of next day delivery!

matt23
    Free Member

Had over £130 debited from my account and 36 attempts by someone to send faxes by MyFax.com.

Lloyds TSB have now said that all CRC payments are being treated as high risk.

Think this may be a big blow to the future of CRC….appreciate their staff maybe getting frustrated with all the calls from us complaining but they are the cause of the problem due to their lax security.

I certainly will not be using Chain Reaction Cycles again….especially after the poor quality of service and replies from the staff.

Lets hope that Wiggle, Merlin etc take note beef up their security and enjoy all the new customers at CRC expense.

forgotmename
    Free Member

I had £1400 ish taken over easter bank holiday, i told them i had used crc and they seemed aware of them. They are still investigating, me i expect!

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Oh god, I just ordered some parts from them!

Chase
    Free Member

Just had a call from my CC provider as it may have been compromised. Card stopped, new one issued. Haven’t used CRC since November last year.
    It might not be CRC that is the problem – could be any manner of other transactions, but interesting nevertheless having missed the previous thread about it.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Called them this morning as I got done as well. Was told it’s safe now, but will be using paypal from now on.

Taff
    Free Member

Been using them quite a bit but been using paypal to pay for things. Add and extra day or two on to usual arrival times etc but it’s safer.

aracer
    Free Member

Add and extra day or two on to usual arrival times etc but it’s safer

Because of using paypal? It shouldn’t, as it’s just as instant a form of payment as CC – people on ebay seem capable of getting stuff to me next day when I pay that way. What you’re actually seeing is that CRC don’t normally do next day delivery any more.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘CRC – Is it safe to start ordering again yet?’ is closed to new replies.