Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • CRC – how expensive?
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

I pretty much always used to just go straight to CRC for everything. Next day delivery, and very competitive on price.

Now I usually always save quite a bit with a quick look around

XTR gear cable set – CRC £27-99
    Other online shop £12-26

Shimano BB – CRC £19-99
    Other online shop £14-77

Shimano M647 pedals £62-99
    OOS £49-95

ton

agree mate, wiggle seem a bit cheaper now.

hustler
    Free Member

bonesetter, not sure where your other prices are from, but Merlin are pretty much allways cheaper than crc but don't carry the same amount of stock. Good service too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bonesetter
    Free Member

Stopped using Wiggle a while ago, not quite sure why, but I'll give them another go.

Will also try Merlin as i have never used them

jonk
    Free Member

Insurance premiums have shot up reverse flood sale

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Where have you seen XTR gear cable set for £12?

highclimber
    Free Member

you should start up your own price comparison website for MTBers!

tragically1969
    Free Member

Is it just me or are Wiggle's stock levels crap ?

A lot of stuff i click on is either discontinued, out of stock or available to order ?

And i hate the way that CRC have the price on the listed items, for instance bars, then you click on it and thats only for a 25.4 in 600mm width and in pink !!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Merlin are spot on, I doubt you'll have any dramas there..

And no, I'm not staff..

Just pleased its my LBS..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Name of the OOS??

richcc
    Free Member

Agreed – CRC used to be my first and usually last port of call. Now they are just one of more like 8 or 10 places (Wiggle, Merlin,WHS and Probikekit.)for any sizeable purchase inc.

I think CRC are trying to move beyond competing on price and focusing on reputation, marketing etc – Fair play I guess – and don't suppose they miss my £500 a year.

aracer
    Free Member

The impression I get is that CRC have changed from having year round best prices which they didn't discount to matching the practice of much of the rest of the retail sector with higher normal prices and sales.

cymohndee
    Free Member

I've always found 7 times out of 10 CRC are best for price unless Merlin stock it! Always shop around, laziness costs cash! I've personally had outstanding service from them both unlike a lot of "stick every product known to man on the web site and only get it in stock once its been ordered" merchants.

cp

another heads up for both merlin and wiggle. i used to use crc a lot, but am more likely now to stop by wiggle or merlin. both have given me stellar service. i started using wiggle again this year since they revamped their site, and i have to say it's all just very very slick! from ordering to returns to modifying or cancelling orders, it's all so easy to do.

can't fault merlin either – for their limited range, they usually can't be beaten on price, and service has always been great.

sem
    Free Member

Got a CK crown race this weekened at Leisure Lakes LBS for cheaper than CRC, and didn't have to wait. That was a pleasant surprise, albeit a token saving of £1, but nice all the same.

cp

having said that, whenever i've used crc they've been fine agree, they are generally more expensive now, and have started to use the cunningly annoying trick of really discounting one particular size or colour (not necessarily flood sale), and the sizes you actually want are much closer to rrp 🙁

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I've been tempted away from CRC a couple of times lately but have headed back when delivery times have been measured in weeks rather than days, or in one case not at all! They may not always be the cheapest but I'm happy to pay a few quid extra for the knowledge I'll have it the next day.

Obviously if the difference was big enough I'd think differently but if it's a fiver or something I'd rather just have it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘CRC – how expensive?’ is closed to new replies.