Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • CRB Checks
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

does anyone know how long they take?

Drac

My last one took a couple of months seems to depend what level it's at but usually around 3 weeks or so. Reminds me must get my current one handed in were being checked every 3 years now.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Depends on where abouts you are – Ive lost count of how many I've had done, but generally about 2 – 3 weeks, though I have known 1 or 2 cases where it took longer.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

schools have started doing them every 6 months where the wife works

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Varies. I am in Scotland so its a bit different but if you have been at the one address for ten years or have had a previous check its easier. also depends on the level of check

My last one took two weeks but MrsTJ took 6 wks.

Have a look on the website? http://www.crb.gov.uk/

Drac

Varies. I am in Scotland so its a bit different but if you have been at the one address for ten years or have had a previous check its easier

My second one took longer than my first and it was only 8 months later, seems a bit random.

dr_death
    Free Member

Probly take a bit longer at the moment as a million and one junior doctors changed hospitals yesterday and will all be getting there CRBs done.

nickc

My enhanced took a couple of weeks.

2hottie
    Free Member

3-4 weeks for mine.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Ok thanks 🙂 I've never had one before so had no idea.

case
    Free Member

A couple of weeks for mine (enhanced)

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

Total Rip off.

I've got one so that I can coach cricket. If I want to help with the football I need another, and the rugby, another, and etc etc

Ridiculous!

Drac

Work pays for mine.

Smee
    Free Member

Both enhanced ones that i've had done thins year took 2-3weeks.

mrsflash
    Free Member

work will be paying for mine.

cp

yep, about 2 weeks for mine too.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

Not everybody needs one. Our great and glorious leader, Gordie oh Gordie, has decided he'll do some voluntary work with kids during his hols. CRB check? You're havin a larf. One law for them…….

Philby

Trying to get one at the moment – apparently will take 3 weeks. Supposedly quicker if you haven't moved address alot.

According to the organisation doing mine the issuing authority won't accept the old paper driving licences as proof – ridiculous!

It's also difficult to get a CRB check if you are self-employed which again is bureaucracy gone mad – I'm having to do mine via a client organisation.

Trekster

all depends if you tick all the boxes correctly

seems my handwriting is so bad I had to re-do my2nd one about 4 times!!!!

zaskar
    Free Member

My first one was 3 months!

Regular yearly checks are 1-3 weeks now at my school.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Took about a month for mine.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if you have lived at same address for 5 years + fairly quickly 2-3 weeks
    If muliple addresses (more police computers to check) then longer.
    Mine have varied from 9 months to three weeks. I once recieved aletter saying they culd no longer process it due to the delay and one that was my copy of it…both have the same date on the letter … I think they have got better since then.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Two to three weeks, the main thing that will slow it down is if you have moved/lived in several different police authority areas (or if you have a criminal record!).

BB

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘CRB Checks’ is closed to new replies.