Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Crazy Ass Challenge @ Ae
  • AeBS
    Free Member

From Ae7 website ….

Ae Crazy Ass Challenge … Sunday 10th January!

Right first up, we know there's snow, we know there's ice … it's winter, get over it!! Get out there and enjoy the challenge nature has given us. Embrace it and stick two fingers up to those who refuse to venture outdoors by blitzing a short course at Ae Forest this Sunday 10th January.

It's not an official race with official prizes, it's simply a challenge laid down to encourage bikers to get back on their bikes and have a laugh at the same time! However there will be a massively kind donation of £50 for the first man or woman back to Ae Bike Shop & Cafe. The winner can give this to their favourite charity or buy a round of drinks at their local, whatever!

So, I hear you ask, how do I go about winning £50? Here's your 4 Step plan:

1. Line up on the road outside Ae Bike Shop & Cafe at midday on Sunday 10th January.
    2. When you hear the hooter of Ae go off, step on your pedals and make like a Husky along the trails.
    3. Make your way with a bike (ride it, push it, carry it … we don't care) along the frozen road and up to the top of the snow covered push up track on the red route, turn round the marker and make your way back as quickly as you can to Ae Bike Shop & Cafe via the Omega Man section of the red route.
    4. Collect your £50 if your first back, if not get into the cafe, grab a coffee, hot chocolate, beer, whatever and enjoy the after challenge party!

As a desert dwelling mammal and member of the mongoose family would say … "Simples"!

Are you man enough or would you rather sit in the house watching Eastenders and moaning about how cold it is? The decision is yours but £50 goes a long way to lining your pockets at this time of year! Grab your bike and head to Ae this Sunday.

Remember there is a risk of injury however Dumfries has a fantastic A & E.

Respect to the Snow & Ice Gods … we salute you !!!!

Trekster

Think I might go for a practice tomorrow.

Anyone else going on Sunday?

willv

Might be John, meant to be warmer on sunday – only minus 6 or so!!!

Whats Ae like at the moment? I havent been up to Mabie since New Years Day and it was crazy icy everywhere

Will

andrewy33
    Free Member

Do you want me to wait at the bottom and take you guys to A&E??

willv

big net might be good

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Thought about taking the snowboard Andy? Could be fun.

AeBS
    Free Member

Weather looking good for Sunday … 2 degrees and sunshine!!

If your planning to ride can you let us know either here or through the website. With the road conditions elsewhere we might have to postpone the Crazy Ass Challenge if there's not enough interest. If there is we'll run with it though, so names in the frames please and lets get riding on Sunday …

andrewy33
    Free Member

I had thought about taking the board up last week, the last part of the red would be boarder cross style stuff………and I would end up in a&e………again!!! You gonna try it sqwubbsy?

scotabroad

I'll watch from the bottom of omega man and take some splints, bandages, and plasters….

BondJamesBond
    Free Member

50 quid that will do me. i will be there.

AeBS
    Free Member

Well done to everyone, great laugh had by all, pics on FB:

Crazy Ass Challenge Photos

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

looks good. I think you paid the winner out in monopoly money though

AeBS
    Free Member

Ha ha without sounding like a Scotsman on holiday "That's legal tender by the way!!".

Or are my kids now £50 short in their Monopoly game??!! There's been no comeback so far, I think I've got away with it!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Crazy Ass Challenge @ Ae’ is closed to new replies.