Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Crash detectives?
  • Euro
    Free Member

Any budding Miss Marple / Hercule Poirot wannabees out there care to hazard a guess as to what caused this one? Here’s a clue…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw5LWAH5nQ0[/video]

clubber
    Free Member

you landed with your weight slightly to the left, overcrorrected or lost grip at the front.

althepal

Er?

bruneep

Outwith skillz range?

Euro
    Free Member

Not bad Clubber, but not right.

Bruneep, don’t be daft, I is teh Ooz0mz 😀

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Front wheel collapse?

scaredypants

bear trap ?

jamesco

Stem or steerer broke.

guitarhero
    Free Member

Squirrel in the spokes?

hobbitfeet
    Free Member

Combination of landing slightly short and to much rebound on the rear shock throwing you off?

clubber
    Free Member

This?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2oymHHyV1M[/video]

AndyRT
    Free Member

You were looking at your landing. How many times have you focused upon a rock or tree in a trail then hit it?

It’s as inevitable as fridgesuck

motivforz
    Free Member

Rear wheel landed first?

nealglover
    Free Member

Rabbit sniper ?

Euro
    Free Member

You were looking at your landing.

Looking for something, but not the landing… no animals (except human) were hurt and nothing broke on the bike.

deluded
    Free Member

A piece of apparel you were wearing came loose and stuck in one of the wheels – a kneepad, a Camelback hose – something like that?

Tom83

Stem wasn’t tight enough on steerer?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Deflated tyre?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Topless woman just out of shot?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Seat post not inserted sufficiently in the frame led to catastrophic failure?

Sticker was indeed a crack?

t-p26
    Free Member

Caused by excessive internet cycling rather rather than the real thing 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

fridgesuck?

toys19
    Free Member

You pulled up on the bars?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You let go of the bars .

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Clearly wrong tyres

nick1962
    Free Member

Showing off with those fancy dan midair handlebar turns
    You know this isn’t Pinkbike don’t you? 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Camera was mounted to the side of the helmet rather than being on your centerline and therefore, throwing off your balance.

Euro
    Free Member

Good work detectives.

What the camera doesn’t show is my left foot coming off the pedal just after take-off. No biggie, just put it back on…but the pedal wasn’t were it was supposed to be. Right crank arm spun down and when I landed the right pedal dug into the ground and caused the bike to twist to the right and I went a tumbling.

hobbitfeet
    Free Member

Ouch!

bruneep

As I said 😉

GW
    Free Member

sorry but that is 100% rider error, your foot didn’t slip all by itself and once it had your pedal was “where it was supposed to be”

learn no footers and one footers if you don’t want to repeat it.

cranks will remain in the same position if you learn to no footer properly and the weighted pedal will always drop when one footering unless you remove your rear foot and hold the rear brake or table or whip while your foot is removed.

once you can do both at will you’ll always instinctively know where your pedals are.

hmanchester
    Free Member

I think he gets that GW.

The OPs posted in a self depreciating and entertaining way about how he stacked it painfully, and isn’t trying to make excuses.

Euro: Nice one, if there wasn’t any danger it wouldn’t get the adrenaline flowing!

jonke
    Free Member

hes a witch – burn him!

AndyRT
    Free Member

Fridgesuck= natural force pulling tiny important parts you need to put your bike back together under utterly immovable objects.

Originated in the days before sealed bearings in headsets

Euro
    Free Member

GW – Member
    sorry but that is 100% rider error, your foot didn’t slip all by itself and once it had your pedal was “where it was supposed to be”

learn no footers and one footers if you don’t want to repeat it.

cranks will remain in the same position if you learn to no footer properly and the weighted pedal will always drop when one footering unless you remove your rear foot and hold the rear brake or table or whip while your foot is removed.

once you can do both at will you’ll always instinctively know where your pedals are.

It was obviously rider error so no need to be sorry GW. If you don’t mind though, i’ll ignore the rest of your post until I see evidence of your one/no footeryness. Walk the walk time?

toys19
    Free Member

AndyRT – Member

Fridgesuck= natural force pulling tiny important parts you need to put your bike back together under utterly immovable objects.

Originated in the days before sealed bearings in headsets

Andy you and I have markedly different ideas about fridgesuck.

Fridgesuck= natural force pulling you towards the fridge every time you pass it, making a once tiny important person into an an utterly immovable object.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Crash detectives?’ is closed to new replies.