Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)
  • Crap weather tomorrow – who's braving it?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Forecast looks grim.
    I have a full day with no plans – question is, do I don the shit weather clobber and get out there or find something else to do?
    Local ‘trails’ will be a clagfest and generally quite boring – Cannock is 40 miles away but not much fun on your own is it…what shall I do?

devash
    Free Member

Leaving the bike at home and going for a walk up Ingleborough (Yorkshire 3 Peaks) instead. Should be fun!

downshift

I think me and jnr might have an airfix day…

rascal
    Free Member

Devash – weird you suggest that as I watched Julia Bradbury programme this morning about Pen y Ghent and thought about doing it! A walk is def an option though it’s a bit of a trek up there just for a day.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Trails where a total bogfest today and screw another day of clean up.

Nice snow in the hills though, even if the trails are sloppy as hell.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m going swimming. It should be drier than riding.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

You’ll soon dry off, stop being pussies.

takisawa2

I hereby declare tomorrow shall be Lego Technic Day.

rascal
    Free Member

The preferred option was a training road ride but that will be dull dull dull in the pishing rain.

devash
    Free Member

@ Rascal – Pen-y-Ghent is a lovely walk. You can do it from the other side (Littondale) rather than Horton-in-Ribblesdale and its a fantastic day out. The pub at the finish (The Falcon) used to be the original “Woolpack” from Emmerdale.

Trimix
    Free Member

I rode Area 51 – dry and loamy. Dont need to clean the bike. Sunday is FoD, so that may well be wet.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m out tommorow, couple of the lads went out today and binned in on ice / slush. It’ll be warmer tomorrow though… I hope.

dannyh
    Free Member

Come for a local ride tomorrow morning? I’m not now starting from where I usually do, though.

sambob
    Free Member

Yep, riding Wharncliffe. Expecting to spend more time on the ground than on two wheels.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Deadkenny, where were you riding today? Punchbowl area yesterday was pretty damp and sloppy. Was wondering about tomorrow.

ibnchris

Road for me…all about maxing out miles when it’s that wet and cold in my mind…

prawny

I went over Cannock for half an hour this morning, it was sopping. Ok if you like that sort of thing but not my cup of tea. Didn’t help that I didn’t put my overshorts on and I had a clammy arse after 30 seconds

rascal
    Free Member

danny – you’re going too early – I have to drop the wife off at the train station at 9 – plus generally I bit bored of the Charnwood mud. You do realise you’ll get mud on your new frame don’t you? 😉 Who else has signed up?

deadkenny
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member 
    Deadkenny, where were you riding today? Punchbowl area yesterday was pretty damp and sloppy. Was wondering about tomorrow.

Pitch and Winterfold.

Trails have just had so much rain and ridden so much it’s so sloppy and big deep puddles about. That said it’s still fun sliding about. Just it’s so much hassle cleaning bike, self and clothes after.

Kryton57

80k around Essex planned, I decided I didn’t buy the winter kit for nothing.

I might change my mind when I lookout the window at 7:00am.

jonm81

Got 55 miles in the New Forest planned but that might get cut short if I get bored of being wet and miserable.

spacemonkey

Walking somewhere in the Surrey Hills tomo with jnr, the missus and one of her friends. Will probably involve cheese straws 🙂

Feeling a little virtuous as I did a 2hr run yest in the snow.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

DK thx, might give it a miss over there then. mrs THM still nagging about my dirty kit from yesterday. I was filthy from head to toe!!

Maybe just a simple XC ride Hankley way where it is drier

MoreCashThanDash

Was hoping to be doing a social ride with a local Facebook group I’ve stumbled across, but saw the forecast and opted for an icy 31 miles on the Sustrans routes around Nottingham and Derby this morning instead. The social ride has been cancelled as well now.

So tomorrow will be housework and supervising homework…..

pennine
    Free Member

Took my wife for a walk in the Yorkshire Dales today.

Tomorrow looks like a wet and sloppy local ride.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Had Manflu for just over a week.
    No chance i am going out in the bad weather..
    Another weekend on the couch

shindiggy
    Free Member

Will go for a run in the morning, do a little bit of bike maintenance, the sort the storage room out for the incoming n+1.

keefmac

Went up to the moors above Bowes today, lots of ice and slush on the roads but snow on the moors themselves. Bit sketchy now and again but off road was fine. Went and had lunch by the side of hory reservoir in the sunshine, ruddy freezing though

jekkyl

just checked the weather report for tomorrow…… it says heavy rain for 24hrs solid…. 😯

grahamt1980

Uplift in Shropshire. Will be wet muddy and amusing

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Tomorrow’s forecast is one of those classic cases for Southampton where BBC and Metcheck disagree, the former says heavy rain ~0700-1400, the latter says dry but cloudy all day.

If it’s dry, I might venture down to and around Woolston, causing some Strava mayhem, including tackling Itchen Bridge for the first time with the app. Might have to revert back to the FatNotFat wheelset to neutralise a little of the roadies’ advantage, after I’ve replaced the PX innertubes with a pair of super light SV19As! 😈

rone

Rain clearing by midday here. Got my big rode on today. All winter rides so far have been pretry cold and sloppy. One more isn’t going to change anything.

Bregante

Chucking it down all day tomorrow here. Might go for a run.

Although the weather was stunning, the roads were minging today.

I really need to sort some mudguards out..

GolfChick
    Free Member

Not sure I can face a ride outdoors as it predicts rain literally all day. I might go for a longer distance workout/ride on zwift indoors instead.

chakaping
    Free Member

Braving the local soft play.

Cleverly got my riding done today. Go me!

argoose
    Free Member

Uplift day Forest of Dean.

AD

Watching U12 football in morning – oh joy…

Nipper99
    Free Member

Long back lanes lumpy S Wales 100k plus ride as I need to build up miles for Dirty Riever.

bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Got a cross country race tomorrow so that should be fun!

bob_summers

I really need to sort some mudguards out.

Please do, that picture made me sad.

Minging weather here in País Vasco too, but a touch of gastroenteritis put paid to any riding today. An early night will hopefully see me right for tomorrow.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Crap weather tomorrow – who's braving it?’ is closed to new replies.