Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • crank brothers wheel set
  • mollyiom
    Free Member

well i fell for the bling looks of the crank brothers wheel set and in less than two weeks the free hub has goosed,

stripped it down and the pawl carrier that screws onto the hub has split.

anyone else had this problem?

dano
    Free Member

They do look great, but I guess maybe they are not that realiable… They should have a good warranty though?

Jason
    Free Member

That is weird, mine has just broken the same way this morning too! I got mine last June, and have used them a fair bit, but not loads in the scale of things as they are on one of three bikes.

I have emailed 2pure (as I got them direct from them) and am just waiting their response. The wheels have a two year warranty so can't see it being a problem. If you have a look here : http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/11/fresh-goods-31/ it looks like they are sorting out a new freehub that fixes the problem.

mollyiom
    Free Member

Thanks Jason, I got mine from winstanleys and i gave them a call today and was promised a call back but yet to receive it. I have since e mailed them so will see how we get on.

MrNutt
    Free Member

2pure will sort you out no problems!

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Common problem unfortunately. Good thing 2Pure are a great company to deal with, really look after their customers

martyntr
    Free Member

2 pure are great for warranty… my Joplin had to go back to them 3 times in the first year, before Crank Bros upgraded their seals to more UK friendly types…..

mollyiom
    Free Member

When you say its a common problem, is this common problem sorted out with an upgraded free hub, info online seems a bit scarce.

robarnold
    Free Member

You're cursed Molly 😥

knott4me
    Free Member

the upgrade will be done foc.
    a little grease on there is advised too.

mine is still going strong but im 9st piss wet through & a finnessse rider.

my mate is 12st & crunchers through everything distroyed his within 6 months ,ill be honest it was crunching alarmingly for weeks before though but went with a hell of a bang.

mollyiom
    Free Member

robarnold – Member

You're cursed Molly

knew i should have bought those Mavics hanging in the shop rob!

ojom
    Free Member

Meh – i like my Cobalts. Must get them used on something actually… perhaps my BadBoy?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘crank brothers wheel set’ is closed to new replies.