Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Crank Bros wheels…..anyone use them???
  • hicksville
    Free Member

Hello any one running the iodine or cobalt wheels,any user reviews and are they worth the money? Any comments on quality and so on?

uplink
    Free Member

I would seriously think twice about spending more than a few quid on anything from Crank Bros
    They have a bit of a reputation for making stuff that falls apart long before it's due date
    I've not heard anything about the wheels though

hicksville
    Free Member

indeed thats why I wondered about owners views

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Hi Hicksville.

Happy user here. I have the 2009 Colbalt XC wheels, and have used them pretty hard since April. they've been on my XC race bike and on a trail bike. I've now ridden about 1200 miles on them, including 12 elite xc races and two trips to Moab. they've survived 6 foot drops and a few good rock scrapes.

I had a problem with the freehub though; the pawls seized up as the sealing wasnt good enough for the UK, but they've redesigned it now so new ones come as standard and I've been riding along without even wiping them down since mid august.

I would say go for it; I dont rate crankbrothers pedals or headsets, but these wheels are great.

knott4me
    Free Member

im running the iodine have been for 6 months with not a single problem.
    parts if you did ever need them are available .

be warned though even with supplied spacers they won,t take xt cassettes or any of the shimano new ones with a cage.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I have run a new XT cassette on them with no problems at all, no spacer needed. also ran an XTR with no problem, and a few different sram models too.

njee20
    Free Member

You could go lighter, or stiffer, or stronger for less money, enhanced reliability etc, why bother?

Cat 1 = Expert surely Chris, and NPS5 isn't 12 races, maybe you'd be a few positions higher with some nice handbuilt wheels 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Crank Bros wheels…..anyone use them???’ is closed to new replies.