Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Cragg Quarry
  • ratherbeintobago

Am I right in thinking that the sole sign for Cragg Quarry is a rock with a red arrow painted on it?

Also, is the link to Lee further south off Rooley Moor Rd?

Andy

wors

Sign from where? Only ever ridden up from the buck inn.

ratherbeintobago

Coming up from Rochdale.

Andy

muddydwarf
    Free Member

That’s about it so far, although i suspect once the link route is fully open there will be some proper signage ala Lee Quarry.

elaineanne
    Free Member

im worried there mite be a few collisions…. people coming from cragg quarry to lee quarry and visa versa…..cos i,ll be going from lee to cragg quarry so STAND OUT MY RUDDY WAY or i,ll bowl you over !!!! hahahahhahahahha :mrgreen: 😉

2hottie
    Free Member

The link track is a double track width, so just ride on the left and all will be fine.

elaineanne
    Free Member

what if you dont know your left from right …(lol) 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

If you don’t know your left from your right you’re obviously from Todmorden…. 😛

If you’re heading from Lee to Cragg you’ll be pedalling uphill (the track is quite steep in places) so i doubt you’ll be forcing Lee-bound traffic out of your way!

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmmmmm hills.. like hills…good training !!!!!
    oh 4got to mention id be travelling by quadd ! 😉 :mrgreen:
    its been rather slippery at Lee quarry i hear..be carefull… 😉

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

haha i can laugh at that for the time being muddydwarf as i moved away from todmorden but trying to get back there soon lol

elaineanne
    Free Member

you see everyone loves Tod !!! best trails for miles…even if we are half wits apparently.. 😉 :mrgreen:

B@rney
    Free Member

+1 Elaine….. Muddydwarf – Bacup……Its a dump. Those trails saved it from being bulldozed I heard

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

i was up lee quarry yesterday, nearly came off a few times lots of lose rocks up there on the trails, must of been messing with the ground for crag lol

chorlton
    Free Member

You don’t really need many signs for Cragg Quarry from Rochdale. Just keep going up Rooley rd/Pennine BW until you see Cowpe res down on your right.
    The new link is obvious. About a mile before Cragg on your right.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

First time i saw ‘League Of Gentlemen’ i was convinced it was a documentary about Bacup! Bit like an early attempt at Todmorden…. 😛

LapSteel
    Free Member

League Of Gentlemen was based on Bacup and they originally tried to film it there but found it too scary 😆

Some bits were filmed there though…the supermarket is Bacup Co-op

elaineanne
    Free Member

they filmed the league of gentlemen right down our road ! we watched them making all the scenes..very interesting.. ive got all their autographs ! :mrgreen:

chorlton
    Free Member

Oi you lot I’m from Bacup and it’s the place to be seen these days.
    There’s great cuisine to be had from the erm…Co-op and the likes.
    Plus a fantastic selection of beers and wines are available in cosmopolitan market town pubs such as…the err..thingy…

Ohhh. You lot are well dead. 😀

StuE
    Free Member

Hope the link track lasts longer than the first attempt at surfacing Robin Hoods Well did same type of construction and possibly more traffic

AlexSimon

So is the link open to ride now?

philfive
    Free Member

love lee and cragg quarry but it is rarely slippy up there, the rocks have amzing amounts of grip on them.

LapSteel
    Free Member

I’ll have a ride up Rooley moor rd this aftrenoon and have a look….I daresay TonyL would have been on and announced it if it was fully open though

stumpyjon

Last update was it was still under construction, I saw the helicopter out last weekend so even if it is finished it’ll need to time to bed in. The scheduled openning date has been some time in November for ages so it looks like it’s on schedule.

elaineanne
    Free Member

id wait till Tony comes along for full announcement for opening…. it would be a shame to mess it all up before its bed in… 😉

TonyL
    Free Member

Linking route is still under construction should only be a week or twon now before it’s finished though.

There will be some signage for Cragg etc going in soon.

AlexSimon

Thanks Tony

elaineanne
    Free Member

coool nice to have an update Tony,,…. 😉 im quite lookin forward to going to cragg actually, havent yet been….but i hear its more flowing singletrack and smaller swoopy berms… 😉

Big-Bud
    Free Member

elaine anne the trail is no different to parts of the townley loop .ie same width both directions….i dont see a problem at all with collisions.

AlexSimon

I find it flowy but only if you’re prepared to pedal and keep speed high. First time I went I was tired and didn’t really ‘get’ it. Second time I was fresher and it was much better although it’s still not my favourite kind of track. It still felt like a relief to hit the smaller loop which lets you have a bit more fun.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Cragg Quarry’ is closed to new replies.