Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • CR down
  • azarat
    Free Member

Anyone else had problems getting through to Chainreaction? Waited on hold for 14 minutes before being cut off, then, found their web site to be down. Still waiting for a return phone call from them after 24hrs. Shite.

Michael@CRC
    Free Member

Hi Folks

We have had some crazy weather here last night and today. Power surges are knocking things on and off so we're having a bit of fun sorting it all out.

If it's any consolation we're still processing away, parcels are leaving on time etc, it's just the comms that we are having trouble with.

Should all be sorted very soon.

azarat
    Free Member

Still awaiting a phone call from yesterday afternoon, the decent thing would be to reply to customers rather than keep them waiting. After I got through to a CR toady and gave my name and order number the line then went dead with no further reply. Am I to call again and await another 14 minutes before loosing connection? Get it right!

honourablegeorge

Did you read what he said? They don't have power.

Knob.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Even the website is down now. Must be bad!

Shandy
    Free Member

Azarat maybe if you direct the full force of your ego at the problem your goods will levitate out of the warehouse and be carried to your doorstep?

mike_p
    Free Member

megastream
    Free Member

🙄 PMSL 😆

dan1980
    Free Member

Michael@CRC

If parcels are leaving on time, please can you tell me why Sarah said that my order had been delayed because of "delivery agents are finding it difficult to collect orders for delivery."

She also said "It is unlikely that your order will be dispatched today due to the heavy snow."

honourablegeorge

It's probably some sort of delay due to the couriers having difficulty collecting packages for delivery.

That's my guess, anyhow. I'm no expert on these matters.

dan1980
    Free Member

Indeed, I'd assume that if I was told by someone that couriers were having difficulty collecting stuff, my order would be delayed.

However, Michael@CRC says that parcels are leaving on time. Now if parcels are leaving on time, I would think that there wouldn't be a delay.

I hope you see now that the two different stories don't actually match up…..

Shandy
    Free Member

Aside from the power cuts, heavy snow, the heavy rain, the heavy winds, all the ferries and some flights being cancelled, I can't think of a single reason for any delays.

Dan 1980, its possible that Sarah was unable to look into the future and deduce whether the snow was going to be deep enough to allow the couriers to pick up from Chain Reaction.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

CRC is still down. Anyone know where I can get a 12mm 150mm axle

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Lol brilliant. A foot of snow & Gail's & you want to know where your parcel is.ill second the knob head comments.

honourablegeorge

Dan, if I was told by someone that couriers were having difficulty collecting stuff and that my order would be delayed, then I'd probably expect my order to be delayed.

And if the same company were suffering power surges, and their website was down, then I'd probably surmise that they were having problems, and that I'd expect delays.

And even if said company were managing to process stuff in their warehouse, and get it ready for collection, I'd be able to understand that if the van's can't get to and from the depots, and I'd expect delays.

I wouldn't be trawling forums desperately searching for someone to whinge at.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I logged on this morning and they'd reset my password to a load of gibberish! The swines!

fontmoss
    Free Member

im going to stick a post up about the slowness of the royal mail and see if i get a personal response

CRC is cheap and normally v quick, if you want to have it in your hot little hand try an LBS

tthew

Better that we all miss a few hours riding this weekend than people suffer or get injured trying to deliver some bike parts eh? It'll turn up eventually, chill out dude(s)

Elmo
    Free Member

Just because they are leaving CRC on time doesn't mean there isn't a delay somewhere else along the line.
    Road to the ferry?
    Ferrys not leaving on time?
    If theres no guarentee that other factors aren't going to influence things maybe she's airing on the side of caution?

chakaping
    Free Member

Bloody hell, some people are hard to please.

dan1980
    Free Member

Sorry, I should probably make this clear…

I have pretty much resigned myself to not getting my order (and therefore not getting out riding over the 4 day weekend) due to the snow.

However, my order is/was stuck in the "processing" stage, rather than actually being with a delivery company and delayed accordingly.

I was told the delay in "processing" was that there were issues with the delivery agents, and now someone else has said that actually orders are leaving on time.

I don't mind delays but I do mind being being told two different things which are opposite of each other.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

OK children. It's back up now.

FuzzyWuzzy

Fingers-crossed there'll be another flood sale soon :p

cookeaa

Bloody hell a couple of hours downtime at CRC and all sorts of chaos ensues! They are single-handedly keeping the entire UK cycling community rolling…

If the parts you need are so urgent why did you order it online less than a week before it was required, you could visit your LBS pay more, but have it right away… CRC despite being a massive online retainer don’t yet control weather or Royal mail…

Within the bounds of human capability I find them to be bloody brilliant at what they do, if you believe better service is possible then maybe you should throw your own hat into the ring and start flogging cheap as chips parts that arrive at breakneck speed for no additional cost, lets see how long you last… Nugget…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

loosing connection?

Fixed it for you. As you said yourself,

Get it right!

Oh, and what's a

toady

? That'll be someone you want to help you with your near-imaginary problem, whilst simultaneously bringing summer weather to NI and running up the nearest power line to fix the electrics?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘CR down’ is closed to new replies.