Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Cow's
  • damo2576
    Free Member

I realised today I’m really scared of Cows. Is that irrational? I think its cos I heard about some woman getting trampled by them last year.
    When I ride up to them they all stop and stare at me. Freaks me out!

Are they dangerous?

RealMan
    Free Member

Are they dangerous?

They are poisonous yes. And their kick can kill a man.

When I ride up to them

Why do that if you’re scared of them..?

damo2576
    Free Member

I know they look cute but not sure if a herd would trample me or not! Always give a wide berth!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mrsmw is the same. i’m often sent ahead to clear the path. it’s good to have a certain respect for the danger they can present but i’m certainly not scared of them. ride at them shouting and whistling and they’ll soon move

or they’ll think you are giving them food and approach……

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’re scared of cahs? Wuss!

Just wave a McDonald’s bayg at them, remind them of their purpose in life. They soon back off then. Bastards.

damo2576
    Free Member

Why do that if you’re scared of them..?

Because sometimes where I ride its through fields and there are cows there

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Who me?
    [/url] 14 A coo by TandemJeremy, on Flickr[/img]

damo2576
    Free Member

I’d be really scared of one with horns.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

TJ – that’s a coo not a cow

different kettle of fish

Is this food? by mrmichaelwright, on Flickr

volatile cows (bullocks etc) are rarely allowed to form horns as they tend to gore each other. If it’s got horns then it’s PROBABLY passive……probably

druidh
    Free Member

It’e the ones with the evil eye you have to watch out for….

Karinofnine

Cow, one cow; cows, more than one cow; cow’s, something belonging to one cow; cows’,something/s belonging to more than one cow.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’d beware of EMO cows

Emo coo by mrmichaelwright, on Flickr

druidh
    Free Member

Karinofnine – Member
    Cow, one cow; cows, more than one cow; cow’s, something belonging to one cow; cows’,something/s belonging to more than one cow.

You forgot Cowes…

jon1973
    Free Member

Are they dangerous?

No, but they can be quite sarcastic at times.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is also “to cow” to intimidate

jon1973
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Is that cow standing in a ditch?

jon1973
    Free Member

Is that cow standing in a ditch?

No, that’s my pet cow. I’m well over nine foot tall.

khani
    Free Member

Moooooooooo!!!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

until fairly recently, most cows were closer to the size of Jon1973’s pet there

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

cow tse tung 😆

druidh
    Free Member

Simon Cow-ell

chickenman

Brown, steaming and coming out of Cowes? Probably just the Isle of Wight ferry….
    Recently got charged at by a herd of cows: Put the bike down and made a sudden slight movement in their direction; they all turned and fled…really cows are quite the most timid creatures in the world (well after bunny rabbits maybe…!)
    Once climbed over a fence in the south of Spain to look at some crags and realized the group of cows nearby were infact fighting bulls! They looked like they fancied a square go but didn’t rate their chances at charging at me across a karstified limestone field (the ultimate natural cattle grid!)

Bunnyhop

They are quite dangerous when with their calves. Try not to get inbetween mother and calf. Otherwise they are o.k.

I think all the stories we hear about cows killing people is the fact that a dog was around. So on an mtb you should be o.k (mainly no dog).

There is that fantastic video of a rider at Megavalanche riding in a cow suit.

As a child we lived opposite a farm and used to ride the cows, looking back this probably wasn’t a good idea!

emma82
    Free Member

I always thought that cows were quite placid? They are however quite inquisitive especially young ones and an inquisitive thing of that size, in a herd will get you trampled if you get too close. They are especially intrigued by dogs I think so they will follow them which is not so good for you if your dog runs back to you in fright!

sweepy
    Free Member

Im not going to retell my friends experience with a rogue cow, suffice it to say it nearly killed her. Watch the buggers.

The irony is she’s vegematarian.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cow’s what?

Kuco

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-11182844

They can be very dangerous I often work on farm land with cows and I hate the bloody things. While most are docile never trust one when it’s got a calf. As Emma82 said they are very inquisitive even around a 24ton excavator while it’s working.

But I must admit I hate bloody horses more.

rOcKeTdOg

just about to strike!

Bovine Thistle by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

mogrim

Got licked by a cow last night, was drunk at the time and thought it was hilarious…

Pic of the beastie here, got its number so I’ll keep an eye out for it next time:

Kuco

I’m much happier in a field full of sheep 😛

Sandwich

Jon1973 has a sawn-off cow!

emma82
    Free Member

nevermind cows, I had a pack of 7 dogs come running out of a farm yard, onto a road, a public road which I had every right to be on, and got all 7 of the nasty little B@S@t**D creatures barking like mad at me, surrounded the bike so I had to slow down. Stoopid farmers and their skanky flea bitten friggin dogs. Scared the s**T out of me so much my OH had to come and rescue me by just charging at them. they then chased us for about a half a mile barking all the way. I like dogs but had it just been one dog I would have had no hesitation in kicking it full on in the face but as there was 7 I thought the others might retaliate and attack me. Give me cows any day, at least you can generally shoo them away or just walk off.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Steers can get a little boisterous but cow tend to only be looking for food unless you interfere with a their young. Same as any animal, don’t get between them and their young.

Cougar

We came across a field full of cows in the middle of a ride recently. Densely packed and with calves, it was really quite intimidating. I was born on a farm, and I was really hesitant crossing the field. It was like something out of a Hitchcock movie.

fruitbat

I’m much happier in a field full of sheep

That’s a laugh. Once upon a time, Mrs Fruitbat was chased by a sheep near Pitlochry.
    We entered a field with some sheep (and some lambs) and I thought they looked a bit upset so I veered off our route, expecting Mrs Fruitbat to follow.
    To my dismay and eventual amusement she chose to continue and found herself being chased by, presumably, a mother sheep. The only thing that seemed to persuade the sheep to retreat was her falling off her bike on a muddy slope.
    It was her first outing with SPDs which she blamed for her fall 😆

Bunnyhop

We were riding in the Peak district and stopped for a snack (Middlemoor near Little Hayfield) on a bank by a stream.
    My friend opened up his packet of fig rolls, then out of nowhere trots this sheep, a large one too.
    My friend is chomping away whilst lounging on this grassy bank, when the sheep mounts him, pinning him to the ground and takes a fig roll. It was a while before we could shoo the sheep away (try saying that after a few sherberts), very funny though.

RealMan
    Free Member

the sheep mounts him, pinning him to the ground and takes a fig roll.

A euphemism if there ever was one?

molgrips
    Free Member

The reason they stand and stare at you is they are so stupid they don’t know what else to do.

To scare sheep, just raise your arms from your side and look big suddenly. Scares the crap out of them.

Cougar – dense herd, protecting the young formation perhaps?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Cow's’ is closed to new replies.