Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Covert Wheelset.
  • flano
    Free Member

Looking for some advice here, its “Needless upgrade” time!

Built up a transition covert about 9 months ago, new frame and bits I had from various other bikes. The wheel set came off a 06 Specialized Enduro – DT E540 on Specialized hubs, and are shod with 2.35 High rollers running tubes. Bit on the heavy side.

I’m looking at an a reasonably priced tubeless upgrade set of wheels.Are there any major weight savings to be had? Any recommendations on what to be looking for?

honourablegeorge

Flows with the same tyres run tubeless should save a nice whack.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Not sure how heavy your current wheels are, but what about Hope Hoops – Flow on ProII Evo? Not too porky, really solid and not too expensive either. I’ve been really pleased with mine so far.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Got Hope Hoops (Flows) on my covert

alfabus
    Free Member

hope hoops flows for my covert too.

If those wheels are anything like the ones that came of my missus’ pitch, you’ll save a lot of weight!

Dave

flano
    Free Member

I was thinking flow on hope hubs, possibly with 2,2 rubber queens, or may stick with the high rollers. Seems to be what most are going with. I think the Hope hubs are hard to beat…

I was offered a set of XT wh-m776 for a good price, has anyone any experience with them? Also OnOne max? Or am I just wasting my time comparing?

honourablegeorge

XT ones are surprisingly heavy, IIRC

MRanger156
    Free Member

Hope are also very easy to convert to different axles.

Tyres wise I run highroller up front, advatage rear for most of the winter. Minion up front for dryer conditions.

flano
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Do the flow/hope hoops come sealed and ready for UST? Seems some do and some don’t?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

In general no – although some places advertise them as coming with the tubeless kits as part of a bundle.

neninja
    Free Member

The Sun Ringle Charger Expert on CRC for £175 are a bargain. Only about 1800g so pretty light for a 28mm rim wheelset.

Pretty much the same rim as a Flow – same width but have eyelets fitted – they use Stans NoTubes tubeless system and come with valves, yellow tape and sealant.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Pro2s with flows here, running tubeless with the yellow strip and sealant, nevegal front and ignitor ust rear. Awesome wheels!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Covert Wheelset.’ is closed to new replies.