Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Couldn't ask for a better set up
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Just pay him back and stop being a dick

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Jimmy doesn’t ask for pics.
    Jimmy isn’t happy.
    Jimmy’s own fault.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-ride-at-blairadam

munrobiker – I sense a pattern in your thinking.

steezysix
    Free Member

I only joined here the other day – not sure i like it ….

No, it’s fine – just don’t sell dodgy goods in the classifieds, or you’ll be branded a blaggard and a scoundrel for the rest of your days… 🙂

bwaarp
    Free Member

The brakes were sold for £150 – he then came back to me and said he thought they were only worth £135. I offered a £15 partial refund. He didn’t respond, he just trashed me on STW. I then offered a full refund on the condition he apologized and took back what he said. How hard can that be? Yes, the brakes were scratched, but they still worked fine. It was a mistake on my part, I didn’t realise they were scratched.

If that’s the truth I don’t see how Jimmy can complain. I’d stay out of this guys, Jimmy shouldn’t have brought this issue onto a public forum and defamed the bloke over something so trivial as this.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey, has anyone told the perpetual motion experts about this forum topic?

Shirley there’s a way to rig a generator up to these threads and solve the nuclear question?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

bwaarp : read this and think if you were in the buyers position…..:

I then offered a full refund on the condition he apologized

boxfish
    Free Member

Cider’s going down lovely this evening. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

Refunding someone because you’ve sold goods that aren’t as described isn’t conditional on anything they do.

Realman has let his pride obscure his responsibilities. Sure sign of emotional immaturity IMO.

Stoner
    Free Member

A bottle of Knight’s finest boxfish!
    Im treating myself to my first ever Innis & Gunn Rum Finish – found them in Morrisons this week for the first time!

bwaarp
    Free Member

bwaarp : read this and think if you were in the buyers position…..:

Actually I’m with RealMan, if this thread was made before it was dealt with privately and Jimmy spouted on the forum before other avenues for conflict resolution could be explored then I’d tell Jimmy to go **** himself.

That’s the issue RealMan was getting at and IF the sequence of events is true then sorry I’m siding with him.

That’s all I will say. RealMan, I suggest you join another forum mate.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

so realman offered brakes with a stock photo, Jimmy did not have the sense to ask for actual photos before parting with (quite probably) a paypal gift (to save a few quid)?

I know whose side i am erring on.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

cruzheckler – Member
    so realman offered brakes with a stock photo, Jimmy did not have the sense to ask for actual photos before parting with (quite probably) a paypal gift (to save a few quid)?

I know whose side i am erring onBut the classifieds are built on trust…

althepal

Still think offering a full refund on the condition of an apology is both immature and fudish.
    Yep munrobiker, folk on here are pretty upset about it. With good reason.. There’s always been an implied level of trust on the classifieds, but yes, folk are starting to abuse that. But the majority of people seem to believe and try to adhere to that concept so it’s understandable in the circumstances that they would wish to do something about that. And by that, I mean on here- anything stupid that happens in the real world is a different matter though.
    I’m sure if crc or some other big retailer sold you an xt rear mech, but you got an slx mech in the post.. Would you not be pissed about it? Ok, fair enough have thought about it- what if they sent you a damaged but working xt rear mech??

rob-jackson
    Free Member

agree totally BUT if you are to part with £150 surely you would have some sense and ask for pictures to clarify that your opinion and the sellers is the same???
    As a seller i would not let someone buy without sending some pictures for an item of £20+ just to make sure that they were not upset with my description.

leffeboy

Blimey, has anyone told the perpetual motion experts about this forum topic?

I think there might be a few that fit that category. Fusion here we come

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

The original description:

Nice and bling, carbon levers etc. Think they’re flippable so you can run them UK or euro style without having to do anything to the hoses. Pad contact adjustment, reach adjustment, banjo adjustment, all work perfectly. Used, but very very good condition, don’t think they have any marks or real signs of wear on them anywhere. Also got spare pads, and maybe rotors. Bled and working perfectly.

Be a real man and own up you are in the wrong.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

althepal – how is your analogy re. CRC relevant?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I have to say that there is more than a hint of mistakes on both sides, both know this yet neither is willing to admit it fear of losing face…

It’s now becoming a cock-stand..

singlespeedstu

As a seller i would not let someone buy without sending some pictures for an item

See. There’s a huge difference between that and what Realboy did.

grum
    Free Member

Wow there’s some idiots on here – wonder if they are just trying to be contrary for the sake of it or if they are actually supportive of ripping people off generally.

I’ve bought stuff off here without seeing pics and never had a problem BTW – remind me never to buy anything off ‘munrobiker’.

Making someone apologise or even whether they’ve slagged you off on a forum should have no bearing on whether you do the right thing or not.

althepal

Re-read the above.. Jimmy has offered all correspondence to anyone that asks, Realman, has not. But I see the point you are making.
    That aside, the items were not as described, I’d have asked for a full refund straight away. Probably.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Couldn't ask for a better set up’ is closed to new replies.