Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Coulda, shoulda, er didnt….
  • Kryton57

Does anyone else get that slightly stressed. “I feel fat”, “my althetesim has vanished” empty/tired feeling when you could have ridden, but didn’t?

No riding for me this weekend, albeit a couple of hours on the road bike was available this morning. Some slightly green phlegm and a tired feeling was the excuse I need to stay indoors and do the hoovering instead.

😐 😳

athgray
    Free Member

I know how you feel. I had it yesterday. You find yourself scrambling for excuses not to go out. Was put right today though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’ve spent all day in bed doing precisely nothing.
    But in my defence I’ve ridden for last 10 days on the bounce and clocked 735km in the process so I don’t feel too bad.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

100 road miles this weekend, no MTB at all but that seems to be a theme at the moment.

mintimperial

I’ve spent all day in bed doing precisely nothing.

I hate you.

But in my defence I’ve ridden for last 10 days on the bounce and clocked 735km in the process so I don’t feel too bad.

Now I really hate you. 😉

Two kiddies birthday parties on the trot this weekend plus a trip to B&Q and lots of DIY. I did manage to get out for an hour or so yesterday but that was it. Bah.

hugor
    Free Member

I can relate to that completely but that was mostly due to mechanical issues.
    Broke my seatpost Friday arvo. Found a replacement this morning and headed out this afternoon only to discover that I had no brakes as my brake pads were completely shot.
    Got 2 miles and came home.
    A weekend without riding is not a weekend.

jam-bo

Played the weather lottery twice and won. Two short road rides, only 15m or so each but clocked up over 3000ft of climbing between them.

Descent off dartmoor was interesting, wet roads, gusty crosswinds and 40mph kept me on my toes…

cynic-al
    Free Member

NO point in beating yourself up about it OP.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Let us do it for you….

Kryton57

Lol @ Rorschah.

Too late. I’m sitting here with a beer feeling like I’ve put on 15 stone and all the winter training I did is completely wasted. 😉

Also, I’m staring at a whole unopened packet of Jelly babies – 1/2 of which should have been used for todays ride……

*drinks more*

cynic-al
    Free Member

pfft we all need a blow out now and again, you’ll not have lost any fitness.

Just make sure rot doesn’t set in.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nah, some days its nice to have a rest. But I ride my bike everyday (unless I want to have a rest)

Today I rode over wrynose pass in a thunderstorm.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Sometimes you just don’t feel it. Don’t feel you have to force yourself to go out. I have done in the past and it’s usually when I ride rubbish and crash. Best times to ride for me are when I feel like it, which is a lot and if I’m pissed off about something. I think poor weather is quite a bad excuse not to go out though.

jonzo
    Free Member

NO… man up!

Tom83

I’m itching to go out riding at the moment, but my sciatica has flared up causing pain in my right cheek and leg and making me walk like a cowboy in the process. Still attempted to get on the bike today, but was just too painful/would have made it worse.

But we all have days where we can’t be bothered to go out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Coulda, shoulda, er didnt….’ is closed to new replies.