Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Could we have an Inbred photo thread please?
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve seen the search button 😉 but I’d like some recent pics to get me through this rather lengthy period of parcel stress while I wait for all the bits for my spangly birthday build.

Lil red went the way of the big ‘E’ just before Christmas . . . the frame lived on my kitchen wall after I discovered gears a couple of years ago – swore I’d never sell but although he was rebuilt a couple of times each year when boredom set in, I never really felt happy with a singlespeed set up so I now have a tiny geared ‘bred on order.

Welcome to the Hotel California! 😉

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Oh ok, seeing as it’s you… 🙂 (any excuse actually… I was over at On One this week and it reminded me how I really, really miss mine.)

White sliding dropout Inbred

Sterling Moss

Miss ’em all 😥

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Ok if we must…

and as if that were’nt pink enough…

and old faithful…

mamadirt
    Free Member

Nice . . . almost as many as me GTTH. Those sliding dropout versions were pretty versatile weren’t they?

Miss ’em all

They have a pretty good frame and parts deal on at the mo’ if you need another push. £199 for frame, rigid forks, pivotal seat and post, Mary bars and Oury grips – would’ve been rude not to 😉

psling
    Free Member

Built up in good time for the Wentwood Goshawk Enduro then Mamadirt?

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d seen those, mamadirt – it was one of the reasons I went, but I seem to have walked out of there* with a new carbon road frame instead. 😳 The 456 jump frame bundle looked pretty compelling too. Must resist…

*having paid for it, of course! 🙂

slugwash
    Free Member

neilb67
    Free Member

Neil, is that Bracebridge…?

Doug
    Free Member

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

neilb67

Middle ones cannock chase.

mamadirt
    Free Member

LOL @ Slugwash

Sitting here alternating between the tin of Roses, box of Celebrations, licorice allsorts and some rather nice breadsticks and dips all washed down with leftover New Year’s Eve beverages, I may not be particularly race-fit by March, Psling 😆 but reckon I’ll give it a go anyway as it’s so close.

brakes
    Free Member

Keef
    Free Member

pixelmix
    Free Member

2010 Boxing Day Ride by pixelmix, on Flickr

I’m on a singlespeed rather than the geared version. Was out today round Glentress Red and really enjoyed it. It’s a cheap and cheerful frame, but the lack of mechs and gears keeps mine light. Enjoy it when you get it.

timc
    Free Member

When you say light, how light we talking out of interest?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Never weighed it, and I wouldn’t like to pluck a figure out of the air, but it feels lighter to pick up than my Giant Anthem X2. A huge amount of the weight saving is probably in the forks, as I think the frame comes in at close to 5lbs. It feels light enough when out of the saddle to sprint up short climbs.

samuri
    Free Member

RIP

Milt
    Free Member

Starting the Berwyn Wayfarer

MrSparkle

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

while I wait for all the bits for my spangly birthday build.

😯

What on Earth have you bought now???

Yet another tiny bike?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yeah, tiny spangly black one 8) . Thought I could manage with just the Commencal and started to sell everything else then spotted the bargain frame and parts deal 😳 . . . just as well I hadn’t ebayed the wheels really 😆

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

oh xckeith1 you makes i larf!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Thought I could manage with just the Commencal

I can’t keep up with all this. I think we need a live news feed* on here, so that we can stay up to date with your latest tiny bike-buying antics!

(*Updated every minute at least)

flippinheckler
    Free Member

As I’m building one up I notice a lot of the above inbred builds look like they have really fat tyres 2.2 and above, so is this the case?

mamadirt
    Free Member

I think we need a live news feed* on here, so that we can stay up to date with your latest tiny bike-buying antics!

There you go Elf 😉 – most of them end up there (apart from those that don’t get past the build stage . . . there’ve been one or two 😳 )

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

By Christ that is a lot of tiny bikes. How many??? 75 or something??? Mental…

Love this pic:

😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah the DBI Patriot . . . that spot is just beneath the motorway not a million miles from my house. Graffiti changes almost as often as my bikes 😆 . . . just counted . . . 14 last year (not including the folding shopper and Schwinn cruiser that didn’t get past the kitchen door and two BMX frames that never got built) 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I will one day marry you Mamadirt. It’s only a matter of time… 😉

dxb
    Free Member

mine on a chair lift in morzine – fun bike

mamadirt
    Free Member

Elf you’ll never fit papadirt’s bike 😉

Bez

inbred by stewartpratt, on Flickr

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t worry Mama; I shall bring a tiny bike of my own…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why is it that Bez’s pic looks like a ‘documentary’ image of an Inbred that’s addicted to Crack and Heroin, and living on the streets?

samuri
    Free Member

INBRED’S ARE SUPER AWESOME.

Sorry, but I had so much fun on that bike. Maybe it was just timing and I’d have had as much fun on any bike but on mine, everything just fitted together like a glove. Brant even changed the geometry from mine (one of the original 853’s) because he felt it was wrong. What a cock. It was bang on as far as I was concerned. I had 4 years of pure heaven riding that thing.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

In his current guise

Hairychested
    Free Member

A zillion upgrades before it looked like this:

stumpy01

Here’s mine….originally had 2.2 Spesh Enduro’s on them but they’re too big really, so it’s now normally got Speed Kings or a set of slicks on another set of wheels for commuting duties….

damion
    Free Member

This is more your size surely 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Could we have an Inbred photo thread please?’ is closed to new replies.