Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Could McMoonter Tower's Pool Hoose be the 'Shed of the Year'?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Last week I got an email then a phone call from a TV company that about to start filming a ‘Shed of the Year’ programme.

It’s going to be a prime time Channel 4 show presented by George Clark.

They are hoping to do something on the Pool Hoose and a little summerhouse I built a few years back. Amazingly they are still standing. I built both in under a fortnight.

The researcher confided that they were both amongst the producer’s favourites. That counts for little as the winner will be the product a public vote.

Either way, it has brought a frisson of excitement to our summer.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113038090087066024057/FrenchSummerhouse#

https://picasaweb.google.com/113038090087066024057/PoolHooseStudioProject2009#

Mincer

Both are very nice. Might be worth checking all planning / building regs necessary were followed before agreeing to show them on TV though.

Stoner
    Free Member

where can we vote?!!??! 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

‘Both are very nice. Might be worth checking all planning / building regs necessary were followed before agreeing to show them on TV though. ‘

That did cross my mind.

Voting? Nae idea yet.

Northwind

Is that not the one you nearly dropped a tree onto?

Jamie
    Free Member

That did cross my mind.

Too late. I’ve already grassed you up out of pure jealousy.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Is that not the one you nearly dropped a tree onto?

The very same. Must be fate.

roger_mellie

Google wants me to create another flippin account before I can see your creations 👿

MoreCashThanDash

Every time my therapist helps me get my life back on track, McMoonter pops up with another amazing lifestyle thread.

*sobs uncontrollably*

ElShalimo

MoreCashThanDash – Member

you’re not alone, I feel more inadequate with every McM posting

Best of luck Peter

MoreCashThanDash

We need a support group or something…..

geoffj

Excellent – you should ping them some photos of the studio and the holzhausen. Get those wound into the narrative and you’ve got to be a shoe in.
    Good luck!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Every time my therapist helps me get my life back on track, McMoonter pops up with another amazing lifestyle thread.

*sobs uncontrollably*

LOL Me too. Serves me right for wasting my time looking after the disabled. I really need another job with pay and prospects and stuff.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nice one MM …. I’d certainly say they deserve to be included.

My only word of warning [this is for egeneric TV participation] is that the production company have you by the balls. They can shoot the footage and then put it together any way they want and either make you look like a hero or k**b – it seems it’s how the director or producer feels will get them the best ratings.

[This is my experience from taking part in a series a couple of years ago. I/we got out of it unscathed but some people were portrayed in a less than flattering light].

Anyway with G Clarke involved I suspect it will be pretty good and defo one to watch 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Neither of those are sheds 😕

ElShalimo

njee20 – Member 
    Neither of those are sheds

Heretic!!

brakes
    Free Member

if George Clark comes to your house can you do me a favour and make sure he has an “accident” under one of your ubiqutous woodpiles?

gordimhor

Wow 2 stunning sheds. Good luck.

Bunnyhop

How exciting.
    I like the programmes that George makes.
    I also like the soft furnishings in the ‘pool house’ – written to annoy Stoner 😉

matthewjb
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Neither of those are sheds

Agreed. I have two sheds but neither are quite a nice as those.

Do people actually sleep in the Pool House? Given how far north you are I would guess it is quite chilly.

Obviously happy to vote for you. I assume we can vote online multiple times.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

‘Do people actually sleep in the Pool House?’

The USP that won the guys over was the fact that you can indeed sleep in it. It’s registered on warmshowers.org as a place passing touring cyclists can overnight in. Already this year we’ve had a Canadian girl and a German guy come to stay and we have a couple from California due in July.

I have only a little building experience but lots of enthusiasm, that probably more than anything helps me get things done. I seldom start a project with a complete materials list nor any real idea of how it will turn out. I’m a painter by training, so I employ a similar organic process to how I build stuff.

samuri
    Free Member

the poolhouse with the bed in it is 100% of awesome

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The TV guys are coming tomorrow so we’ve had a bit of a tidy up in the Pool Hoose. My only regret is that we wont have these two Argentinian Warmshowers guests here in time for the filming. They arrive on Thursday evening. Pedal faster guys and you could be on TV. https://www.facebook.com/ourbicyclechronicles

Cougar

I’ve just emailed Admin to ask for your “member” title to be changed to read “Arthur Two-Sheds Jackson.”

DezB
    Free Member

If they are going to do a Summerhouse of the year, then why don’t they call it “SUMMERHOUSE of the YEAR”?

This is a shed

Yeah, I’m bloody happy for you.

headfirst
    Free Member

Shed my arse! That’s nicer than my house…if it’s a shed where are the half-used tins of paint?

Also…warmshowers.org…I was worried it might be NSFW 😉 but actually that could come in dead handy..

scaredypants

Dez, are you nominated as well ?

You might want to see about, nah, forget it – perfect as it is

DezB
    Free Member

Dez, are you nominated as well ?

How could I be? I don’t have a summer/pool house.
    (or a shed, for that matter)

scaredypants

I’ve got an old tea chest you could use Dez

I’ll have to search round a bit though; think it’s in the east wing somewhere 😉

boblo
    Free Member

I can confirm people do sleep in the Poolhouse. I did and very nice it was too. Ta 🙂

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I have a shed. It’s full of firewood, spider webs and mouse droppings. I feel very inadequate.

Harry_the_Spider

The TV guys are coming tomorrow

Get a picture of Big George doing a wave for the STW massive.

If Kevin McCloud was coming he’d get your statue pregnant.

sbob
    Free Member

The researcher confided that they were both amongst the producer’s favourites.

This was an outright lie.

That counts for little as the winner will be the product a public vote.

This is also probably a lie.

Welcome to Television. 😉

shuhockey
    Free Member

Iron that new bed sheet.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Also…warmshowers.org…I was worried it might be NSFW

It’s a really good resource. I only used it once in the States. It had been a hellish couple of days with torrential rain and storm force headwinds. With nowhere to camp I checked out the site. There were three WS hosts around Salem. The first I called was in and at short notice they said I should come and stay. The forecast was bad for the next day so they insisted I stay a second night. It was one of my tour highlights.

It’s a site that is growing in momentum. Well worth registering on if you are planning a tour.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

That’s the guys from Channel 4 just away. They’ve been working flat out from 9 o’clock. It was fascinating seeing the production process. I keen to hear how the rain sounded on the tin roof in the final cut.

The cameraman works regularly on Top Gear and the Director does a lot of stuff with James May. He made the Meccano motorbike around the TT circuit film. Top day!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Top guys.

bearnecessities

Happy cameraman seems to think he’s holding a death-ray gun.

EDIT: Also a strange miniature person appears to be hovering vertically in the background.

Stoner
    Free Member

mcm – make sure you PSA when it’s going to be on the box as I have no idea whats on when these days. Will really love to see some footage of mcmoonter towers.

Stoner
    Free Member

and why arent you wearing your “special jumper” 😉 ?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Could McMoonter Tower's Pool Hoose be the 'Shed of the Year'?’ is closed to new replies.