Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cotic Simple
  • Spin
    Free Member

Been messing about for most of this winter on my Cotic Roadrat set up as a sort of off road fixie. It’s been great fun but obviously not ideal given the geometry and clearance (only room for 1.8″ rubber)

Who’s got a Cotic Simple, how have you set them up and what do you think of it?

I’d probably keep it rigid so what rigid forks work well?

Ta

Rickos
    Free Member

Do you mean the old 26 or the new 29?

BigJohn

I ride my Cotic Soul singlespeed most of the time (with a Magura Menja 130 fork) and it’s excellent. Great for ups downs alongs and bends.

I don’t see the problem with using a tensioner. I also have a set of gears which I can swap on in about 90 mins, and I don’t even need to undo the cables due to the design of the cable guides.

takisawa2

Singular Swift rigids are nice. If you fancy carbon, the Exotic ones.

Spin
    Free Member

Whatever I get it needs to have horizontal dropouts as I’ll be running it fixed wheel.

Any other suggestions?

cinnamon_girl

Mine comprises of hand-me-downs, apart from my ultra cool chain tensioner aka Surly Tuggnut. 100mm Fox forks work for me.

clunker

Bought mine new in 2008 always run with Pace RC31 forks, the only thing that let it down was the track bolts I ended up replacing these for DMR chain tugs.

Its a 19″ frame and will be for sale in the next few week, click on my profile name and that will take you to my Flickr account.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

I’ve now had my Simple for just over a year and can’t get enough of it. I run it with Rohloff hub. If you’re looking for a Simple frame I’ll be selling my other Cotic Simple 17.5 frame soon which has just been freshly powder coated in cotic orange?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

130mm Lefty

tails
    Free Member

I have mine set up with revelations but was looking at putting some salsa maxles on it. I use some neat MKS brand chaintugs and also a hope bolt on hub to stop slipping under braking. Great bike but I would swap the dropouts for something like those on the santa cruz jackal.

clunker

Tails get some oil on that chain 🙄

tails
    Free Member

mleh! It’s only a bike! I’ll go check my box for some oil. ➡

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Simple’ is closed to new replies.