• This topic has 29 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Cotic Rocket photos- should be here today!
  • ska-49
    Free Member

So, this weekend is the bespoked Bristol bike show.
    Cy has got a Cotic stand there and said that this weekend would be the release of press photos for the production rocket frame! Where are these photos? It was on last night so they should be here now :lol:.
    Come on Cy! If any one is going today please take some photos.

stevede
    Free Member

Photos over there >>>. Looking very nice.

daveagiles
    Free Member

Photos have been up on the front page all morning.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks quite nice, could be what I’m after in a full sus frame!

timmys

Where are these photos? It was on last night so they should be here now :lol:.
    Come on Cy! If any one is going today please take some photos.

These were up yesterday;

Fill your boots

neilforrow

ska-49
    Free Member

Whoops.. i dont normally check out the front page!
    Thanks for that guys.

brakes
    Free Member

I NEED to see this in BLACK.

Russell96

Some pics of one in black on Bikeradar

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m just about to leave for the show so should be seeing one in the flesh very soon

thepodge
    Free Member

If I’d not known it had a steel front end, I don’t think I’d have noticed. It’s very normal looking

brakes
    Free Member

I think it looks really good.
    only slight issue, looks-wise, and this is only based on photos is that it looks a bit rough on the chainstays where they connect to the shock and where it is pierced for the linkage

rudedog
    Free Member

You’d have thought they’d have spent 5 mins sorting the cables out before putting it on show.

thepodge
    Free Member

A 4″ one is in development it would seem

Leku
    Free Member

[/url]
    L1000514 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]
    L1000513 by jh_buchanan, on Flickr[/img]

robsoctane
    Free Member

lovely, that thing!

Northwind

I think it’d be slightly nicer with totally orange seatstays. But still, it’s a looker, at least 14 times nicer to look at than my Hemlock.

flamejob
    Free Member

It’s a bit heavy isn’t it?

*hides

jam-bo

how heavy is it?

flamejob
    Free Member

Weight – 7.6lbs for the 16″ including Fox Float RL shock

For a frame that costs that much I am afraid I am going to have to stick to my Pitch, which is half a pound lighter.

Lovely frame though

rOcKeTdOg

Cotic Rocket by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Crikey.

I though my DW 5spot was a porker!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

For the amount of abuse it can probably take, the weight is spot on. Although I imagine 99% of the people who will buy one wont be dishing out the punishment, they’ll instead be mincing round trail centres on it. Similar story with the BFe.

Northwind

FWIW that makes it pretty much bang on the same weight as a Transition Covert, and lighter than a Nukeproof Mega, seem fair comparisons to me. (and I think possibly slightly lighter than a final-generation 120mm Hemlock?) Heavier than an Alpine but then it has more stuff doing stuff.

For a 150mm frame built to take a beating it’s a sensible weight. Not light but certainly not heavy…

sambob
    Free Member

Seems alright to me, Cy said they’d build up to about 31lbs without too much trouble, which is less than my 120mm Spesh, so I’m not complaining.

nuke

and I think possibly slightly lighter than a final-generation 120mm Hemlock?

Don’t think so. IIRC my Hemlock was a little over 6.5lb with 120mm rocker and original chainstays. The 2011 chainstays wouldn’t have added that much more and Cotic listed the medium as 6.7lb. Not bad when you consider my Turner Flux frame weighed 6.0lb.

TBH bit surprised at the weight as, from talking to Cotic when I was buying my chainstays, I thought it was going to be 7.0lb frame with shock weight

Northwind

My medium Hemlock frame’s definately over 7lbs, can’t remember exactly how much though (not all that bothered if I’m honest!) The revised chainstays were something like 350g heavier than my original ones, but on the plus side it is in one part not 3 😉

colournoise

thepodge – Member
    A 4″ one is in development it would seem

This confirmed anywhere yet?

Presumably will be (given Cy’s comments in the newsletter) a totaly alu construction?

Need to start saving up if it’s on the cards. The Rocket is lovely but is honestly too much bike for what I want, but a similar set up with a 120mm back end (but hopefully still able to run a 140mm fork or so) would be spot on.

slainte 💡 rob

sambob
    Free Member

He’s got a 29er proto around too 😀

nuke

but on the plus side it is in one part not 3

Aye, that’s true….thought my original chainstays had survived but it was only when I was putting the new chainstays on (Keeping the originals as a backup) that I releasied the originals were cracked around the threaded barrels. 🙁

This confirmed anywhere yet?

Probably heard it wrong but I did hear something along the lines that there would be three versions: Rocket with 150mm travel, 130mm travel Rocket (basically same as 150mm Rocket but with shorter stroke shock iirc) and a 4″ travel version.

I like versatility and that’s why I like my Hemlock: you can put a 50mm stroke shock on instead of 57mm and have a 105mm travel (short rocker) or 132mm travel (long rocker) frame

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket photos- should be here today!’ is closed to new replies.