Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cotic BFe.. Thoughts?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Right,

I fancy a Hardtail as my Handjob is on its way out, and while Brant's "Pig n Pike" Combo seems very popular, just wanted the general feeling towards Cy's finest..

Anyone care to spill what size forks etc, etc..

Oh, and Piccies would be good.

I'll still be using my Heckler, this is kinda Plan "b".

freeform5spot
    Free Member

ordered mine today!

geetee1972
    Free Member

About to order mine also! Forks will be Pikes probably run them at 130mm.

I also considered the Dialled Alpine, but having tried one I found the higher BB (by about half an inch) to less preferable. Also considered a DMR trailstar but they're too small and too heavy for me, and a Curtis of some form, but they're just too expensive for the basically the same thing just handbuilt here rather than in Taiwan.

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I've been tried to decide between the BeFe and the Genesis Alptitude. Both nice but I'm kind of thinking of the Genesis at the moment.

toys19
    Free Member

google cotic problems – nada. That's a good enough reason to try one considering the hassles I've had with other bikes. I'm, saving for my xs Bfe yum yum yes please.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Forgot to say- who in the Northwest sells 'em??

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Think Keswick mtb's sell em

GavinB

Those nice lads at 18bikes will also sell them.

Got mine second hand last spring after running a Soul for about 2 years. Very pleased with it – solid, lively and a lot of fun. It is heavier than most, and IME doesn't climb as well as the Soul (but then I'm running it with bigger forks and a slightly shorter stem, so not surprising)

Aching to get out tonight on it! 🙂

Vortexracing

here is mine

if you want a go TTS just shout, I think it may be a bit small though.

mail me if fancy trying it i'm near Chorley

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive had mine on back order since last Autumn,

cotic say they had a delay in the manufacturing of there new models of Bfe, Reynolds where 4 weeks late in there delivery of the new tubings and when they finally arrived in Taiwan, the frame builder from the factory rejected all of Reynolds 34.9 tubing, the new frames are meant to be all done and are on the boat heading west, they said they should hit our shores in a fortnight.. I cant wait to get my paws on mine 😀

Blower
    Free Member

got both the Pig and the Bfe.

wouldnt want to ride a small Bfe for long rides,but very good for fooking around on..

Pig for all day rides and thrashing downhills.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheers Chucky,really good of you… But IIRC, that will be a small frame??

I'm probably after a medium.. however, If I end up at the In laws in Chorley in the next couple of weeks, I'll pop over and have a look..

Vortexracing

it is small, if you want a look just give me a shout

cy

The ship arrives first week in May, but due to the avalanche of back orders that's going to unleash we'll probably be looking at mid May for getting new orders out to people. Still, that's only 3 weeks away, in't it?

We sell direct, obviously, so that's quickest and easiest if you just want and frame and/or headset. If you need more parts, or complete build and what to support you local LBS, then Keswick Mountain Bikes, Northwest MTB in Cheadle and 18 Bikes in Hope are your options in the North West. There's also Sideways Cycles in Alsager if you're a bit further south of there.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Cheers for the Heads up Cy.. Will probably order direct.. I've everything else I need to throw on it..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cotic BFe.. Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.