Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Corsica
  • limeybloke
    Free Member

Looking for a holiday villa in Corsica – can anyone recommend anything?

Something close to the sea… so the wife can read a book on the beach whilst I explore the local area on the road bike?

robgarrioch

Expensive, & getting expensive-r. We love Ile Rousse in the Balagne region in the north, beach right there & others close by, good little train runs west to Calvi + east to the mountains, plenty of steep, dangerous roads within 'easy' reach. Always fancied taking a road bike, & the MTB could be fantastic if you had some local knowledge. Helluva hot in the summer – be prepared for hydration. Some photos, mostly around Ile Rousse, here if you're interested.
    We stayed here last time, pricey but well placed. Enjoy, it's a wonderful place.

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

Corsica is awesome! I'm very lucky though bcause the inlaws have a place in a wee village called Lumio in the north, not to far from Ile Rousse and Calvi.

Check out Fango valley the river pools are awesome and the road up that way from the airport would make for a cracking road ride. Be warned though the locals drive like lunnatics, and the roads are alot busier in the summer. The dude above is right about the heat, if your going to ride you want spring or autumn otherwise you will cook.

There is a book of mountain bike routes on the island, can't remember who its by but google should find it, the whole island is covered in trails all marked with paint flashes the climbing is great too, there are hundreds of bolted sport routes, and because of the GR20 the mountains are full of huts to overnight.

I like the north more that the south, more mountains and less tourists, the south has flatter land and more big resorts.

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

how's your French?

Here's a Corsica mtb guide

Trimix
    Free Member

I too have inlaws in Corsica – they actually have a self contained flat they rent out. They live between Sartene and the Sea. 10 mins from the Sea, 10 mins from Sartene.

Ive been there about 6/7 times now and its by far my favorite place. Brilliant food, wine, mountains, sea, beaches………..etc. I took the mountain bike once, done lots of diving there and ridden my motorcyle there twice – flipping fantastic. If you go, try out the canyonning – whoa is that ace. They also hire out DH bikes, but not tried them yet.

If you need more info PM me. Im off there again very soon.

Cheers.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Trimix – Member
    I too have inlaws in Corsica – they actually have a self contained flat they rent out. They live between Sartene and the Sea. 10 mins from the Sea, 10 mins from Sartene.

Ive been there about 6/7 times now and its by far my favorite place. Brilliant food, wine, mountains, sea, beaches………..etc. I took the mountain bike once, done lots of diving there and ridden my motorcyle there twice – flipping fantastic. If you go, try out the canyonning – whoa is that ace. They also hire out DH bikes, but not tried them yet.

If you need more info PM me. Im off there again very soon.

Cheers.

Posted 1 day ago # Report-Post

I know Sartene!! Went there in 1980's as a wee lad and visited the area a few times since. Nicely villages, nice people and fab beaches. I reckon with some local knowledge the riding would be awesome. Super rocky and technical. Bit too hot mid summer though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Corsica’ is closed to new replies.