Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Corner baths + kids?!
  • fattatlasses
    Free Member

When it comes to the refurb of our main bathroom, I’m thinking of fitting a large-ish corner bath. My idea is that 3 little kids will all fit in at once – speeding up the ‘hosing down’ before bedtime.

My wife is not convinced and reckons it’d be a recipie for complete bathroom tsunami devastation 😀

What do other child rearers reckon? (I’m trying to convince my wife that it’d be a great selling point when we come to sell the house)

yossarian
    Free Member

Same argument in our house. If you win, let me know how please?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Well, both. They’ll all fit. And they’ll flood your bathroom. But they’ll do that anyway whatever sort of bath you have, so go for it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Wet room, hose, job done.

finbar
    Free Member

I dunno about the kids thing, but i don’t think a corner bath would be a selling point if you move. They’re not far off pastel-coloured suites in terms of retro naffness.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Two points to consider:
    1) Little kids don’t stay little for long [enough] – before you know it they won’t fit 🙁
    That said our 9 year old twin girls will still play in the bath for hours if given half the chance.

2) Not everybody likes corner baths – if I were looking at a house with a corner bath I’d probably see it as a negative.

z1ppy

Thing may have changed but the corner baths I’ve seen were all smaller than a ‘normal’ bath.

Maybe a combined bath & shop (combi fed, not crap electric) with integrated screens would be a quicker bathing solution?
    Or wet room (outside?) and hose +1

thegreatape
    Free Member

Combined bath and shop…could be interesting.

wombat

You’ll need to bear in mind that as corner baths tend to be bigger they require more water to fill them so your water bills are likely to be affected (and not in a good way).

woody2000

I have corner bath + 2 kids. Works fine, but I’ll be changing it when I can as it’s too short for us to lie down in. Don’t think there’s any difference in splashage, perhaps if anything the slightly higher sides keep some water in.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback. Having used a corner bath in a house we rented many years ago, I can appeciate the comments on ‘naffness’ and size for tallish adults to stretch out in (though I only seem to ever get time for quick showers these days).

Hmmm…as we’re on a water meter, I think I might have to have a rethink (washing up bowl sized bath here we come – or take my bro-in laws approach and move the dirt around on ’em with a damp flannel 😆 …..alright Rich 😉 )

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

FTFY

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Corner baths + kids?!’ is closed to new replies.