Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Cooool Balance Bikes
  • greasystain
    Free Member

What is the coolest balance bike?

GW
    Free Member

it’s only the rider that’s cool 🙄

binners

None at your age

wwaswas

those ones on Dragons Den earlier in the week looked good.

http://www.kiddimoto.co.uk/

mrblobby
    Free Member

This one…

(It’s the kiddimoto one.)

ruscle
    Free Member

The only balance bikes you should be looking at are the early rider bikes, theirs a wicked little video as well. Makes me wish I was a kid again!

robnorthcott
    Free Member

I quite like the look of the plywood ones – quite heavy though. Islabike ones are nice as well.

But a normal child’s bike with seat right down and pedals removed works well – then you just have to put the pedals back on when they’re balancing well. Worked fine when I was teaching our daughter to ride. Couldn’t be arsed to take the chainset and cranks off, but that didn’t seem to get in the way.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ooo those early ride ones are nice too.

GW
    Free Member

WTFs the point in that kiddimoto one?
    looks shit and the seat’s so high it’ll only fit kids big enough to ride proper bikes anyway.

passtherizla
    Free Member

check the video towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.likeabike.co.uk/

mrblobby
    Free Member

GW, mine rides superbly 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

One with bent handlebars:

DSC_0022 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

(Run over by Grandpa’s Volvo)

wwaswas

Run over by Grandpa’s Volvo

good job he had a helmet on then…

johnny

+1 for the kokua likeabike!

We bought one off ebay for my daughter’s second birthday, (2 weeks ago) and on Sunday she did 1 1/2 miles on it, mainly paved bridleway. I think the little elastomer shock is genius- and seeing her charge over speed bumps shouting “wheeee!” has kept me going all week!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Luckily, he wasn’t on it at the time. 🙂

packer
    Free Member

+2 kokua

mrblobby
    Free Member

That likeabike jumper is ace. Still got a couple of years to go before I’ll need one but it’s already on my shopping list!

ac282
    seanoc
    Free Member

My daughter loved her early-rider. The design is compromised though; form over function.

She could only ride it for a short while (3-4yrs) as the seat position compromises the control over steering. There ain’t no brakes; so she had to learn about those when she professed to proper bikes. It’s not particularly robust; I had to have the handle bars replaced after a ‘dropping’ incident.

Looks amazing though, I’m sure it’ll do well for my son when he’s big enough.

ollie
    Free Member

Ollie Junior loved his first wooden bike

But his new one Is In a different league, He flies on this one.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMO97jAaWM0[/video]

mrlugz
    Free Member

Monty’s are ace. Feather weight and bombproof.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43zlLUm9qqo[/video]

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

my boy had a lidl cheapo one and thrashed the heck out of it, an amazing thing. if i was doing the kiddie thing again i would’nt question buying a very good one, the islabike one i have seen and is excellent.

GW
    Free Member

islabikes is overpriced and nothing special really IMO (also don’t understand why they don’t do a 10″ version)

ocrider

lol @ Ollie

brake,brake,brake,brake!

That Monty, jeebus thats expensive for a balancebike 😯

chomp
    Free Member

my eldest loved his islabike rothan and would scoot about and bomb hills like a madman.

his younger brother (now 3) still hasn’t really got into it. I think I’m going to have to just get him going down some hills to see if a bit of adrenaline gives him the taste for it 🙂

mrlugz
    Free Member

Ocrider, aye the monty is a bit on the dear side, luckily I got it at trade.

hold value very well as they don’t often come up for sale. Jons lasted him for almost 2 years and it sold for almost £100 when it went.

fgreen79
    Free Member

Strider Rider balance bike is pretty cool. This is my son balancing on his.[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6IzrLFuEyQ[/video]

doof_doof
    Free Member

Surely it’s this:

doof_doof
    Free Member

That Cube looks ok (high bar?), but not cheap:

Mike_D
    Free Member

don’t understand why they don’t do a 10″ version

Not sure what the point would be, given that any child too small to get on a Rothan would be too young to do anything with it anyway. Expensive? Pfft. Ours is being used by second child now and it’ll probably still get £60 on ebay when he’s finished with it.

a normal child’s bike with seat right down and pedals removed works well

For taller/older kids, yes. You won’t get an average two-year-old on one, though.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Cooool Balance Bikes’ is closed to new replies.